[Need Help!!] Student & Teacher Edition CS5..Where to get...

PhotoProZero

Jan 25, 2007
NorthEast
Hi all,

I'm just wondering, besides mine.com.sg / The Network Hub, where else can one purchase the Student & Teacher Edition of CS5?

I am not having a good experience with the latter. :(

Hi all,

I'm just wondering, besides mine.com.sg / The Network Hub, where else can one purchase the Student & Teacher Edition of CS5?

I am not having a good experience with the latter. :(

Mind sharing the bad experience?

I asked around when I wanted to get Lightroom. Apparently, Adobe doesn't sell the academic versions in shops anymore and you can only get it directly from them. Or through your school. That's where I got CS5 from.
It might be worth a shot to ask Sapura (http://www.bits.com.sg/), but I don't know if they can sell academic versions to end users. We get our school versions from them.

I asked around when I wanted to get Lightroom. Apparently, Adobe doesn't sell the academic versions in shops anymore and you can only get it directly from them. Or through your school. That's where I got CS5 from.
It might be worth a shot to ask Sapura (http://www.bits.com.sg/), but I don't know if they can sell academic versions to end users. We get our school versions from them.

Thanks Christof! I have just dropped them an email! fingers cross! :)

Mind sharing the bad experience?

Hi daredevil, I purchased the CS5 for mac via their website on 29th Oct and opted for Express Delivery which I paid for as well.

I was expecting it to be delivered the following week, latest Wednesday, however, no package arrive.

I called the shop asking what happened to my order, only to find out that it is Out of Stock. And I was really surprise as I was not informed. However, the staff claimed that an email was sent to my account (which was correct btw,) and even tried calling me on my mobile. Of course, neither of the said communication, i received. And I did check my junk mail. Nothing. (By the way, there were a few email exchanges prior to my purchase.)

The girl apologised and assured me that the stock will arrive on Monday, 8th Nov. And my item will be escalated for delivery, and I should receive latest on Wednesday, 10th Nov.

Friday, 12th Nov - Nothing. I waited till after lunch to call the shop / office again. This time round, another staff answered. Guess what?!?!? CS5 Design Premium for Mac is STILL out of stock and she + co. have no idea when the stock will arrive as supposedly, shipment is delayed.

I questioned again why there were no comms out to me...but she couldnt answer. and again apologise. I said i didnt wnt the order anymore and requested for refund. Sure. they will return me $129, as I need to absorb the bank charges using the credit card.

And I said no. Cos I didnt get the item and therefore, I shouldnt be paying the bank charges. I SHOULD get a full refund (although it was just $3++, but still....I was not happy).

I had to teach her what to do. She was supposed to revert the same evening, and obviously, nothing heard. ;(;(

What say you??