Need help - resize without lossing quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

mousedeers

Sep 24, 2007
Bukit Batok Street24
www.flickr.com
I use photoshop, each time I reduced size of the image to 800 - 900 pixels for the forum viewing, I notice that the quality have drop. The detail and sharpness loss. Can anyone tell me which method to resize is better. Do save for the web help? thanks

Make sure you have an sRGB profile embedded. Use "Save for web" and set the quality level at 70 to 80 percent (inside the Save for Web dialog box).

I use photoshop, each time I reduced size of the image to 800 - 900 pixels for the forum viewing, I notice that the quality have drop. The detail and sharpness loss. Can anyone tell me which method to resize is better. Do save for the web help? thanks

Remember to set the proper resampling algorithm.. in your case, bicubic sharper when you do reduction.. followed by USM.

Don't know if this helps, but when I went for the canon workshop, I was told to shoot in RAW and save subsequent files in RAW after editing so that the quality would not be lost.

Yes - you shoot RAW to retain maximum quality, and resolution.

But the folks here are talking about downsizing of images for posting, and keeping them sharp.

Either PS and resize - downsize/sharpen. Or LR export, and sharpen for screen; one of the export settings

Yes - you shoot RAW to retain maximum quality, and resolution.

But the folks here are talking about downsizing of images for posting, and keeping them sharp.

Either PS and resize - downsize/sharpen. Or LR export, and sharpen for screen; one of the export settings

Opps sorry about that! Ignore my post then. :confused:

very simple...

marc adamus once shared how he retained maximum details for his landscapes posted online,

if your final image size is 800 pixels, resize FIRST to 1600 pixels, use the general SHARPEN filter once, then resize to 800 pixels. this is if you USMed the final image.

if you didn't sharpen at all, then you apply the sharpen filter twice. some images can be sharpened more than others, use your eye to ensure that nothing is oversharpened.

hope this helps, it worked wonders for me.

Resize to 800px will reduce quality? Never experience that before. Exported from Photoshop under high quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.