Need help regarding this pixel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racingheart

Aug 27, 2009
untitled.jpg

can i know what is this purple pixel ? .
it's happen today . but not all photo have it ! :(

when i zoom in the picture, it's will appear

can i know what is this purple pixel ? .
it's happen today . but not all photo have it ! :(

when i zoom in the picture, it's will appear

Its most likely a dead pixel.

what can you do about it?
change/remap your sensor for a cost fee which would in the end result in one less purple pixel in your >6million pixels,

OR

Ignore it and take award winning shots, since real people DO NOT CARE ABOUT ONE PURPLE PIXEL, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU CAN ONLY SEE IT IN A BLACK BACKGROUND OR WHEN YOU ZOOOOOM IN.

i hope that helps? ;p

Its a hot pixel. Every camera has it, so no worries. Just you the pixel mapping function on your camera to map it out and it will no longer appear.

Its a hot pixel. Every camera has it, so no worries. Just you the pixel mapping function on your camera to map it out and it will no longer appear.

can i know where the pixel mapping function? thanks :)

There's no EXIF data on the pic that you've posted. We have absolutely no clue on what camera you're using. Not all camera will have the feature to mask off the pixel and you might have to send it to your respective service centre for this. If it's under warranty they may do it for free.

If I recall correctly, it's not in the manual. With the lens cap on, turn on manual sensor cleaning, wait for a few seconds and turn off the camera. This should take care of the dead pixels.

untitled-1.jpg

:lovegrin::lovegrin: it's work . thanks guys :D;)

can i know why would i have hot pixel ? sorry for the noob qns.

This is inevitable in a closely packed sensor dude. This is related to the lithographic process of the sensor. Though the manufacturer needs to carefully select the binned sensors, some escape the QC and will be eventually in the cameras. Some of these develop in the due course of usage as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.