need help regarding my LX3

lingg89

Dec 9, 2009
Hi guys. I need your help here. Everytime i tried to take a pic with my LX3 under light, there seems to be a ray of line on pictures and video. Those with LX3, does this happen to your camera too?? Thanks! i have attached a picture below.

2m4qglc.jpg

Last edited:
even lx5 has this problem too.

Peegee: Thanks for your help, but its still the same. :confused:

Is this problem very common in cameras? Anyway guys, what mode and setting do you recommend for shooting photos of people at night? I tend to have very high noise level. Thanks in advance!

Its the same with Lx5 or Lx3. What that light was the result of the LCD screen. Don't think it will display on the photo right? I use to have Lx3 and did experience what you just mention. Its normal. Unless u know what to set in M mode, suggest you use the cam nite Portrait mode with Pop Flash.

I do get that on my LX3 and also on my Canon SX100IS. I think it is just the processing of the light on the LCD. My pictures all turned out OK even thought I do see that "flaring" effect on my LCD. Chill~ No worries mate! ;)

I do get that on my LX3 and also on my Canon SX100IS. I think it is just the processing of the light on the LCD. My pictures all turned out OK even thought I do see that "flaring" effect on my LCD. Chill~ No worries mate! ;)

yup. :)

Thanks guys. Yes, it doesn't show on pictures but very obvious in video. Thats what i'm upset about. I guess its a common problem faced by everyone. Thanks for all the answers here. =)

omg serious? video? care to upload n let us see?

quote from the LX5 manual regarding the banding:
When recording pictures or half-pressing the shutter button, reddish stripes may
appear on the LCD monitor. Alternatively, part or all of the LCD monitor may turn
a reddish colour.
• This is a characteristic of CCDs, and it appears when the subject has
a bright part. Some unevenness may occur in the surrounding areas,
but this is not a malfunction.
It is recorded in motion pictures but is not recorded on still pictures.
• It is recommended that you take pictures while taking care not to
expose the screen to sunlight or any other source of strong light.

http://www.seriouscompacts.com/f9/panasonic-lx5-my-ongoing-review-updated-29-09-10-a-457/

if you can see the flare on the lcd, you'll most likely see on the picture.
try not to point the lens towards the light source.

the yellow slip of paper bundle together with the menu got indicate this purple ray issue.

Last edited:
try different metering mode and add a filter