Need help - Porblem with canon 430EX II as slave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvnmorris

Apr 22, 2009
sg
Hi,

Recently ive been trying to use the 430exII as a slave to the 580 EXII... i have setup the 430 as slave and 580 as master in their respective settings.. Same channel what soever...

When i fire the 580, the 430 seems to fire 1 second delay after the 580 flashes.. can anyone help me?

thanks in advance.

There is always a slight 'delay' when using a msater/slave combo, or so I've noticed.

As long as the exposures come out OK, don't worry.

Hi,

Thanks.. but then last time, it use to fire together.. so i was wondering.. and the delay is about 1 second, sure the photo has been taken after the 430 flashes...

Thanks again:D

Did you check the final exposure?

Does the photo look like what you set the lights for?

If yes, don't worry too much. I've seen relay delays in optical wireless set-ups before (Canon uses optical, and NOT infra red). Looks really strange to the eye but as long as the final results work ...

However, if you're really worried, why not call Canon SG up and ask for their technical department? It's faster than going down to their service cnter.

Did you set ratios on the 580EXII? If so, it triggers the slave groups A:B:C with a slight delay inbetween when you test fire the 580EXII for you to identify the lights..

Did you set ratios on the 580EXII? If so, it triggers the slave groups A:B:C with a slight delay inbetween when you test fire the 580EXII for you to identify the lights..

Hi,

I didnt set any ratios in the 580 EXII.. i just set it to master..

I advise that you send your flash to CSC for checking, it happened to me once before and it turn out to be a wiring issue which Canon fixed FOC.

But what amazed me is that the technician in CSC telling me that it's the first time they see this issue normally Canon user don't use Master/Slave trigger. :bsmilie:

Than I say, "REALLY"?? He told me most Canon users use studio strobe or Pocketwhiz.... :bigeyes:

hahaha.. thanks Anson, Everybody...

I got the problem solved and now things are working as per normal.. thanks again for the feedback and advice..

I advise that you send your flash to CSC for checking, it happened to me once before and it turn out to be a wiring issue which Canon fixed FOC.

But what amazed me is that the technician in CSC telling me that it's the first time they see this issue normally Canon user don't use Master/Slave trigger. :bsmilie:

Than I say, "REALLY"?? He told me most Canon users use studio strobe or Pocketwhiz.... :bigeyes:

:bsmilie: CSC technicians always tell you it is their first time.

:bsmilie: CSC technicians always tell you it is their first time.

Agree.. I remember when I first approach them on the ETTL - TTL issue, I was told it was their first. After a few rounds, they finally say that it's a known issue. :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.