Need help pls...

zeunice

Mar 16, 2010
singapore
I can't transfer my pics on sd card to my laptop.:cry:
Im using 8gb sd card(class 4) from my canon 500d. my kingston 4gb has no problem.
It happens when i take out the memory card after shooting and insert directly to my laptop built in card reader. The laptop has no installed EOS utility. Now the card gets error.
It says need to reformat before can access to the memory card.
If i reformat the card, all my pics will lost.
Any other ways can recover my files from my 8gb card without reformatting?
Thanks in advance.:)

Try loading via mini/usb cable as alternative.

Is your Kingston SDHC? Check if your card reader can read from SDHC.

Hi zeunice,

Have you manage to solved your problem now ?, update us here ? ..

I was also experienced that before on my CF Card, i used a freeware tool to recover my pic on my CF Card.. , later once i go back home i will post reply which freeware tool i used.

Once you recover your Photos on your CF Card, you have to reformat your CF Card to make it safe so that can avoid bad sector on your Card.

Rgds,
djkstra

My laptop built in reader most of the times cant read my cards. So i bought external usb card reader and it works well.

Your laptop card reader cannot read High Speed SD card.

Your laptop must be relatively old.

Last edited:
my suggestion is 2 buy an adapter..

hi to all i ended up to reformat my sd card. thanks.

To prevent the introduction of errors or problems onto my SD cards, I always use the USB cable to connect my camera to my desktop/notebook to download my pictures. This way, I don't introduce any other system's file system requirements on to the SD card. After downloading all the images, I will delete all the images on the SD card, unless I want to keep them.

After every 5 or 6 times, I would do a low level format of the card to keep it fresh.

Also, with every new SD card, I would format it using my camera, instead of using the desktop/notebook.

HTH in future for you.

Cheers!