Need help on WinXP SP3 repairs

tokrot

Jun 2, 2003
Hello guys,

Got problem with my Current XP SP3. Unable to boot into the system. Symptom is always is reboot after the logo appears. This happens after I used system restore. Safe mode is able to boot in though.

Questions
1) Is it possible to repair XP SP3 using WInXP SP2 cd?

2) Is it possible to install or repair without losing any installed programs?

I think I have repaired the WinXP last time using the SP2 on WinXP SP3 but I couldnt really when and how I did it (that was years ago). I think it works but anyone with such experiernce can share with me whether it can be done and how it can be done?

Thanks alot...

desperate... :confused:

Popin the XP installer and copy over ur current win. Do not delete partition or format. But best to backup ur HDD before it fails for good haha.
Otherwise just bootup using USB Hiren or Bart or sth to fix the boot problem.

I used to have that problem. Issue was the mother board. It died on me already. So after replace the whole motherboard and rebuilt my PC. issue resolved. Still using XP and SP3 on that PC

I think I have repaired the WinXP last time using the SP2 on WinXP SP3 but I couldnt really when and how I did it (that was years ago). I think it works but anyone with such experiernce can share with me whether it can be done and how it can be done?

:
just get the xp3 from BT and do a repair. Microsoft dont care how you get your CD or source as long as you have a license product ID(bought), then you are fine.

Thanks guys for all the replies and help. I managed to get a copy of WinXP SP3 from my brother. Unfortunately, it was unable to repair the OS. Luckily, I managed to find out I backup a image on my external and restore the whole OS. It's up and running now and most of the stuffs I have recopied from the broken OS. Again, thanks for all the help. Much appreciated.. :)