Need help on Window XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

West_ray

Feb 10, 2003
Yishun
galleries.photonx.org.
I just bought a chinese game, after installation i realised that i need the Chinese Windows XP in order to read the chinese characters. :cry: ... i tried to install the chinese language under 'Regional and Language Option' <Control Panel>, but it prompted me to insert my Window XP CD. Unfortunately my windows XP HOME is pre-installed into my laptop, thus i dun have the CD. Anyone has any advises? Is there any prog i can download to solve my prob?

Many THANKS!! :cry:

I'm not very sure abt installing chinese games....

but if you have Win XP pre-installed on your laptop, there should be a Win XP CD that comes with your laptop. check those cds that came with your laptop.
You should be able to locate it with its cd key intact.

Try checking the C:\i386, the .CAB files might be in there.

Nowzadayz they don't ship full installation OS on the CDs anymore, only recovery CDs are shipped.

thanks i found the C:\i386 liao, now looking for necceary file.

btw, if i'm prompted for XP CD, which directory should i put, since i have no CD?

oh thanks, it's done, i've installed watever languages tat are available, still, my XP cant read chinese char on the game .... :(

thanks guys

the windows cd is in the recovery disc but you can't use it like the normal xp disc.
a lot of actions are restricted.... :thumbsd:
that's why i decided to reinstall win xp from the win xp disc directly.

West_ray said:
no there's no XP CD included, only recovery CDs...

just a suggestion; if you have an internet connection, try to surf to a website using chinese fonts/characters. If i remember it right, you will be prompted to install the chinese language and it will be downloaded from microsoft site. try it out

haiz ... u know wat? after installing all those stuff ... my laptop siao liao ... cannot open folders window and internet explorer. lucky i have MSN explorer, which i'm using now .. goddamnit!! ... i dunno wat to do liao ... can't even do a system restore ...

West_ray said:
haiz ... u know wat? after installing all those stuff ... my laptop siao liao ... cannot open folders window and internet explorer. lucky i have MSN explorer, which i'm using now .. goddamnit!! ... i dunno wat to do liao ... can't even do a system restore ...

reinstall using another win xp disc if you have back up
will solve all your problems :D

West_ray said:
oh thanks, it's done, i've installed watever languages tat are available, still, my XP cant read chinese char on the game .... :(

thanks guys

You have to go to control panel->religion and language settings->advanced tab then select the language to match the language version of the non-unicode programs you want to use.. like Chinese (Taiwan), Chinese (Singapore) etc...

err i think his problem is with the game & not the windows able to read chinese fonts... even if his IE can read chinese text, he won't be able to play chinese games... as its not chinese OS... so best is to just get something like chinese star to display the chinese text on the games.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
err i think his problem is with the game & not the windows able to read chinese fonts... even if his IE can read chinese text, he won't be able to play chinese games... as its not chinese OS... so best is to just get something like chinese star to display the chinese text on the games.

Anyway he mentioned in his first post that "after installation i realised that i need the Chinese Windows XP in order to read the chinese characters"
I did the method of changing the language settings in advanced in order to read the chinese characters in chinese games like KOEI - Romance of the three kingdoms. does not even need external software like chinese star.

Status
Not open for further replies.