Status
Not open for further replies.

kyotakuya

May 3, 2007
singapore sengkang
hi i need help on which tripod should i get to go with my d80 kit

hoping to get something not every expensive

any suggestions?:)

I am using D80 myself. I would say that D80 with kit lens is a very light set up and almost any tripod can hold their weight. I have even try using those $8 table top tripod and it works.

If you intend to use the tripod for long terms, get a better one. Lens with fast aperture and metal mounts are heavy weights.:)

But for kit lens, you can buy a cheaper lightweight tripod to start with which you can keep in future for travel (you may not want to bring the heavy weight tripod for travel).

Hope this helps.

PS - I bring my heavy weight tripod for travel lah.:bsmilie:

I am using Benro, value for money and quality is good. You can check out the MO page. Jack is a friendly chap.:)

Edit: PS- But you better bring your lens set up to test the tripod hold strength before you buy. D80 + 18-200 VR is super heavy and not ordinary ball head can hold in portrait position.

i looking for one for long term use

any brands to intro?

bro u can try manfrotto or Gitzo if u have extra cash to spend :thumbsup:

Bro, i suppose you know where is MS Color or any Cathay Photos...etc do bring your cam along to try the feel and the handling comfort for yourself. This is how i choose my tripod. Very importantly, your set up determine what kind of tripod and equipment you will purchase....

Hope this will helps. Cheers!!!!! ;)

Manfrotto or Gitzo is the way to go. Another consideration is the tripod head that suits your needs. Take some time to do some research and trying out in the shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.