Need help on topic of Texture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velvetine

Oct 13, 2005
By the Stove
Hi there

I haven't been here for a while and am now needing some advice on Texture in Garden Photographs as I have to do a paper: "An Investigation into the effect of texture on the visual appeal of garden photographs.".

I will be doing an online survey to gather feedback on a series of pics taken from my RC garden. Most will be in various shades of green as I do not want colour to distract the survey respondents although colour is an important element.

Below are a few of the photos I will be using in survey. I would be grateful if you could let me know if they are suitable for use on the topic of texture and for any advice you may have. Sorry for the size, I'm having a hard time resizing them.

monsteraleaf.jpg

moneyplantcarpet.jpg

lilyleaftop.jpg

Papayaleaves.jpg

Papayatrunk.jpg

Last edited:
basically the lighting of all photos are rather flat, does not bring out the texture if there is any.

do not mixed up texture with pattern, example #1, #2 #4.

if the lighting are coming from a side, it will bring out the texture on a object, you can do some test by just take an any object, study how texture reveal when the light changes from coming from the front to an acute angle.

hope this help.

thank you, catchlights.

I used a Point & Shoot as that's all I have right now and I am not good in Photography. :embrass:

A photo's appeal is made up of many things. Nice lighting, proper exposure and good composition, to name a few examples. I'm not sure there's a way to ensure "if all else is equal" in order to measure the texture's impact accurately.

#11 is the obvious best when it comes to texture.

A photo's appeal is made up of many things. Nice lighting, proper exposure and good composition, to name a few examples. I'm not sure there's a way to ensure "if all else is equal" in order to measure the texture's impact accurately.
I agree. There are other elements and principles of design involved and it is tricky for me to do this topic. But I have confidence that I can do a decent job to pass the paper.

Yes, I like #11 alot. ;)

How about this?
wingedbean1.jpg

wetleaf.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.