Need Help on Sweaty Palms!


Status
Not open for further replies.

mig37

New Member
Mar 4, 2003
120
0
0
52
Toa Payoh, Singapore
#1
Hi All,

I wonder if anyone out there has any suggestions to counter this. I have sweaty palms and it can be pretty bad at times.

The only thing that I can think of is to wear a pair of gloves but...

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Ming Huei
 

amethyst

New Member
Dec 10, 2002
61
0
0
39
www.pbase.com
#2
hi ming huei

i also have the same problem, ever consult a doctor about it and he told me there's no cure! ;(
 

D

daredevil

Guest
#3
hmm... i have a friend who has sweaty palms too. :rolleyes:
i wonder if this has anything to do with health matter? anyone can share?
 

#4
i have a fren who has a prob wif sweaty palms dat she had to put a piece of towel below her hand to avoid smudgin the paper. she went for a lung operation...and no more prob after dat.

Originally posted by amethyst
hi ming huei

i also have the same problem, ever consult a doctor about it and he told me there's no cure! ;(
 

leewt214

New Member
Mar 10, 2003
99
0
0
38
Singapore
Visit site
#7
actually, there is a cure for it. there is a surgery that you can do that involves burning of the sympathetic chain(some nerves) in your body. Doctors usually dont like to do it because there are alot of side effects associated with it

Weiting
 

P

Pegasus

Guest
#8
Originally posted by isomers007
i have a fren who has a prob wif sweaty palms dat she had to put a piece of towel below her hand to avoid smudgin the paper. she went for a lung operation...and no more prob after dat.
I used to have sweaty palms too when I was younger. Then my mum brought me to see a chinese seiseh who used accupuncture. After a series of sessions, the sweaty problem sort of decrease quite dramatically. Now I only get my palms a little sweaty whenever I'm real stressed. Guess that should be ok, considering that I used to be able to clinch my fists and see droplets dipping down before!
 

P

Pegasus

Guest
#9
Originally posted by leewt214
actually, there is a cure for it. there is a surgery that you can do that involves burning of the sympathetic chain(some nerves) in your body. Doctors usually dont like to do it because there are alot of side effects associated with it

Wetting
Oophs, I rather wet my palms than wet my pants...:devil:
 

amethyst

New Member
Dec 10, 2002
61
0
0
39
www.pbase.com
#10
Originally posted by Pegasus
Oophs, I rather wet my palms than wet my pants...:devil:
yeah right!

hmm.. i got real sweaty palms, i can simply create lots of wet palm prints on a piece of paper. looks like there's some "cure" to it, can i check with u which chinese sinseh u went to? and isit painful when the sinseh did the accupuncture?:rolleyes:
 

P

Pegasus

Guest
#11
Originally posted by amethyst
yeah right!

hmm.. i got real sweaty palms, i can simply create lots of wet palm prints on a piece of paper. looks like there's some "cure" to it, can i check with u which chinese sinseh u went to? and isit painful when the sinseh did the accupuncture?:rolleyes:
It's located somewhere in Toa Payoh. If I'm not wrong, it should be the Chung Hwa Free Cinic, a whole building by itself.

I understand what you meant. I used to have the same problems too with my sweaty palms. My ex-girlfriend used to avoid holding my hands because she always complained about having to wipe her hand dry. And papers are always wet when I got hold of it. It's quite an embarrassment. I have seen so-called specialists twice and they were hopeless until my mum brought me to see the accupuncture seiseh.

Can't rememberthe seiseh's name. But the session usually last for 45mins for 12 sessions. Not painful, just like ant bite. I think the seiseh told me the needles supposed to block some sweat gland nerves from over-reacting, thus reducing the sweats produced, or something like that. After the 6th session, I did notice a reduction in sweat produced.
 

MoriMori

New Member
Mar 1, 2003
172
0
0
41
Visit site
#12
Had a platoon mate with sweaty palms. In the end he went for an op where they cut the nerve in your armpit. Problem solved. Plus now he's got dryer hands than the rest of us 'normal' people.
 

amethyst

New Member
Dec 10, 2002
61
0
0
39
www.pbase.com
#13
Originally posted by Pegasus
It's located somewhere in Toa Payoh. If I'm not wrong, it should the Chung Hwa Free Cinic, a whole building by itself.

I now what you meant. I used to have the same problems too with my sweaty palms. My ex-girlfriend used to avoid holding my hands because she always complianed about having to wipe her hand dry. And papers are always wet when I got hold of it. It's quite an embarrassment. I have seen so-called specialists twice and they were hopeless until my mum brought me to see the accupuncture seiseh.

Can't rememberthe seiseh's name. But the session usually last for 45mins for 12 sessions. Not painful, just like ant bite. I think the seiseh told me the needles supposed to block some sweat gland nerves from over-reacting, thus reducing the sweats produced, or something like that.
oh ok, thanks for the information!
 

P

Pegasus

Guest
#14
Originally posted by leewt214
actually, there is a cure for it. there is a surgery that you can do that involves burning of the sympathetic chain(some nerves) in your body. Doctors usually dont like to do it because there are alot of side effects associated with it
Weiting
The NUH specialist that I consulted previously told me that some people have sweaty palms due to some medical conditions that they are suffering, eg hole-in-heart, kidney weaken etc. But some people just have over-reactive sweat glands ie palm, armpits etc. So for the latter group, the only option is to do surgery on the problematic nerves itself.
 

M

Mabel

Guest
#15
Originally posted by Pegasus
... But some people just have over-reactive sweat glands ie palm, armpits etc. ..
.. I won't want to be near someone with sweaty arm-pits ... :(
 

M

Mabel

Guest
#16
Originally posted by MoriMori
Had a platoon mate with sweaty palms. In the end he went for an op where they cut the nerve in your armpit. Problem solved. Plus now he's got dryer hands than the rest of us 'normal' people.
Any side-effect? Does he need to wear pampers ...
 

e_liau

New Member
Oct 29, 2002
212
0
0
New York
Visit site
#17
Originally posted by MoriMori
Had a platoon mate with sweaty palms. In the end he went for an op where they cut the nerve in your armpit. Problem solved. Plus now he's got dryer hands than the rest of us 'normal' people.

I have a army friend who had sweaty palms before . He was downgraded to PreC2, because his hands were simply too slipperly to hold a rifle. Besides sweaty palms, he also tend to sweat easily and profusely whenever he ate a bowl of hot noodles or steamboat! He was totally dipped in his own sweat even in aircon room!

Later he went to a chinese phyisican, and the last I saw him when I was back in Singapore was, he has recovered since. In addition, the chinese phyisican also said that obese people tend to have sweaty problem easily.

anyway, I'm glad that he has recovered. And of course, he gained the confidence to shake hands with people now that he's out in the working force.

:)
 

mig37

New Member
Mar 4, 2003
120
0
0
52
Toa Payoh, Singapore
#18
Thanks a lot everyone, its been most informative!

Hi amethyst, so what do you do when you are shooting? Will you be going to the Chung Hwa Free Cinic at Toa Payoh?

I have consulted both the western and chinese doctors and was told that there isn't anything that they can do. Perhaps, I'd give this clinic a final shot.

Thanks again everybody!
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom