Need help on storage and cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

estronutz

Feb 14, 2006
星尬波
I just got myself a DSLR, now comes the problem.

I noticed that there are some dust on the filter and some faint marks (maybe finger print, not sure). How do I clean that?

Secondly, if I use my cam very often, say every one or two days. Will a dry box be sufficient ?

Totally noob in this .. please advise ... thanks in advance !

do a search ...

anyways, use a micro-fibre cloth (like those that come with specs) to clean the dust and finger smudges away...

or get a lens pen .. (less than $10) to dust the dust off and clean up the smudges

get a dri cabi, they're quite cheap now ..

If the stains are difficult, you can get some cleaning solutions. Make sure they are for lenses...

And yes, do invest in a good dry-cabi... ;)

thanks guys ... but if budget don't allow for a dry cab .. how ah ?

Do save up for one... those which needs silica gel are kinda haphazard and may still cause fungus growth (esp if you dun change the gel in time)

Do save up for one... those which needs silica gel are kinda haphazard and may still cause fungus growth (esp if you dun change the gel in time)

Ya, and not to mention that the Calbolt might be a carcinogen. :sweat:

thanks guys ... but if budget don't allow for a dry cab .. how ah ?

Your camera is a big investment. The digi-cabi is just around $99 for DB-36. You should seriously consider. You can also put in other electronic items in the same cabinet like video cams so its not a complete waste.

I just got myself a DSLR, now comes the problem.

I noticed that there are some dust on the filter and some faint marks (maybe finger print, not sure). How do I clean that?

Secondly, if I use my cam very often, say every one or two days. Will a dry box be sufficient ?

Totally noob in this .. please advise ... thanks in advance !

Dust in the filter is normal. Use a lenspen or goatskin cloth (although hard to find).

Status
Not open for further replies.