Need help on SD card!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freewolf

Nov 17, 2007
Hi guys, need help on this issue.

My bro was transfering video data from an SDHC card when suddenly the speed of transfer slowed down alot.

Then i restarted the transfer.

But after that the card cannot be read, even with the video camera.

Does anyone knows how to solve this problem?

The card was 8GB and all most full btw, i don't wish to loss the videos in it.

Thanks.

With such a minimum of information you expect help? Which card? Brand / model? How was the transfer? Cable with camera? Card reader? Where and how have you tried to read the card? Please help yourself and be more specific.
Regarding image recovery you might want to search the forum for "image recovery software" - you'll be surprised how much links, tips and tricks you can find.

With such a minimum of information you expect help? Which card? Brand / model? How was the transfer? Cable with camera? Card reader? Where and how have you tried to read the card? Please help yourself and be more specific.
Regarding image recovery you might want to search the forum for "image recovery software" - you'll be surprised how much links, tips and tricks you can find.

It is a Kingston 8GB SDHC. I used a card reader to transfer the files into my laptop. The transfer started smoothly but later got slower and slower and finally it hanged. Afterwhich, the card cannot be read anymore. I believe the data is still in the card but both my laptop and camcorder could not read the card.

It is a Kingston 8GB SDHC. I used a card reader to transfer the files into my laptop. The transfer started smoothly but later got slower and slower and finally it hanged. Afterwhich, the card cannot be read anymore. I believe the data is still in the card but both my laptop and camcorder could not read the card.

Is the reader SDHC compatible? Try a different one. Search for the recovery software here and do some testing. Let us know what is the result. Also verify that the card is genuine. Hope you still have a receipt so that you could try to get warranty exchange. Please note that an exchange will not include data recovery.
Most people here use Lexar and Sandisk and some report problems with Kingston. My Kingston CF cards work well, though. Get a different maker and do more testing. Having a second card is a good thing anyway.

Bring your SD card to Kingston service centre at Albert Complex, they will replace the card for you since it is under lifetime warranty. They also can do data recovery for you using special software, but don't expect 100% recovery.

Last edited:
Is the reader SDHC compatible? Try a different one. Search for the recovery software here and do some testing. Let us know what is the result. Also verify that the card is genuine. Hope you still have a receipt so that you could try to get warranty exchange. Please note that an exchange will not include data recovery.
Most people here use Lexar and Sandisk and some report problems with Kingston. My Kingston CF cards work well, though. Get a different maker and do more testing. Having a second card is a good thing anyway.

Yes, it is. I was uploading my video with the card the day before. There was no problems.
The card is genuine, it was from Courts, very new in fact. My laptop can't even detect the card now, the recovery software can't help.

I was reading up online, they say it could be that the controller in the card have been damage by the electros-emitted from the laptop. So the solution would be to open the card and read the data chip using a special reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.