Need help on product shoot .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

andre

Hi Guyz....

need help on product shoot.....can anyone share his/her experience in product shoot??

what kind of equipment do u used? and must we take inside studio ? what is lighting setup ?

Thanks.... i need this urgent...

-Andre

Originally posted by andre
what kind of equipment do u used?

Depends on what kind of products you are shooting. Depends on the needs of your client. Depends on what equipment you have at your disposal. Depends on how much they're paying you. Depends on how much equipment you can have at your disposal.

and must we take inside studio ?

Depends on what kind of products you are shooting. Depends on the needs of your client. Depends on what equipment you have at your disposal. Depends on how much they're paying you. Depends on how much equipment you can have at your disposal.

what is lighting setup ?

Eh, it's not funny, I'm serious.

Originally posted by Jed
Eh, it's not funny, I'm serious.
Jed is correct.
It is better if Andre can give an idea about what kind of product and what will the image be used for.

yup perhaps you might want to share more details with us. I'm absolutely no expert on this but I've done product shots with digicam, table lamps and mahjong paper, client had very little budget. The shots were for web use :D

My product shoot setup must be one of the simplest around.

1. 1 corner of a office cubicle, with partitions about 1.5m tall.
2. Large white foam board on top.
3. Seamless background made from mahjong paper taped together. (hmm.... need to get other colours...)
4. reflectors on left and right.
5. 1 single flash, bounced to top reflector.
6. Metering via Minolta Auto Meter IV F.
7. Shot via ancient Coolpix 950.

Gives results like these:

extigy1.jpg

extigy3.jpg

extigy4.jpg

Last one a bit harsh.... ;p

Can shoot a card also:

audigy-small.jpg

I find the setup good enough for web-destined product shots of smallish items. For big stuff, you will probably need something more elaborate.

Regards
CK

Wah....thaks for all reply....

ok.....currently i have my friend asking me to help him with his job...his doing web design, but then he want to have some stack images about some small product, like handphone as example.

so i doing this for free.... just wanna try.... so how exactly i;m going to start with......if taking pictures of handphone, are we still need studio light or not.....or maybe with out studio light, but make our own setting like CK had done before.

for CK,....maybe can explain little bit more about ur setting.

thanks alot,
Andre

Originally posted by andre
Wah....thaks for all reply....

ok.....currently i have my friend asking me to help him with his job...his doing web design, but then he want to have some stack images about some small product, like handphone as example.

so i doing this for free.... just wanna try.... so how exactly i;m going to start with......if taking pictures of handphone, are we still need studio light or not.....or maybe with out studio light, but make our own setting like CK had done before.

for CK,....maybe can explain little bit more about ur setting.

thanks alot,
Andre

I'll post a photo when I got the extra time to shoot the setup. :) But meanwhile, try to visualize from what I've written above. The shots up there are taken with nothing fanciful.

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.