need help on night mode w/o using built-in flash for D60

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrianok2

Oct 30, 2009
Singapore
Hi,

i just bought a nikon d60 and i encountered this problem when i use my d60 shootin in the nite.try not to use the built-in flash but the picture is bad...if use the picture is better but the behind scenery not so clear cause the flash is focus on the person.any tips how to shoot nice picture in the night w/o using built-in flash.thanks.

Last edited:
i tried pump up the ISO already..if i use slower shutter speed means i need to use a tripod right ? as i know slower shutter speed is very slow...but the quality of picture in the night is nice...

you try to shoot people with night scene..
to expose for the background you need slow/long shutter speed, but you will have hand shake, best use tripod, you need to use flash to give correct exposure on the person. so you need to combine these two together.

please refer to the user manual for how to set the camera to slow sync/rear sync, and shoot with flash on tripod.

the person will have to keep real still for a couple of seconds depending on the ambient light.. that would be hard without blur. You may wish to meter the background and then use fill in flash in slow sync, with tripod used.

Status
Not open for further replies.