Need help on new Cam...


Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rainyboy

Guest
#1
Hi all,

I'm a newbie to both this page and to dig cams...
have been doing some research on getting my first dig cam...
and have more or less decided on the powershot G2.
*rubbing hands together...

Need to ask the kind folks here wad else i need to take into
consideration...

- is a dry cabinet essential?
- is the G2 battery sufficient for normal usage? (a bit subjective...)
- is the G2 memory sufficient?

anything else to note?
Thanks all for replying!

;p
 

R

rainyboy

Guest
#3
wah....
errr....

must wait for some lucky toto and 4d $$$...

btw, how much does a 256MB CF and extra bat cost?
 

Kei

Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
2,080
0
36
#4
Originally posted by rainyboy
wah....
errr....

must wait for some lucky toto and 4d $$$...

btw, how much does a 256MB CF and extra bat cost?
cf around 200
original batt around 110
 

Bean

New Member
Apr 16, 2002
781
0
0
www.pbase.com
#6
Originally posted by rainyboy

- is a dry cabinet essential?
A dry environment will deter fugus from growing inside your lens. Considering the small size of a G2, you might like to consider a small dry box plus silica gel instead of a dry cabinet. It costs less than $40 for a small one.

Cheers
:)
 

R

rainyboy

Guest
#7
Originally posted by Bean


A dry environment will deter fugus from growing inside your lens. Considering the small size of a G2, you might like to consider a small dry box plus silica gel instead of a dry cabinet. It costs less than $40 for a small one.

Cheers
:)
Thanx Bean, think your comment might have saved me
quite a sum of money. Thanx.
Think i would be getting the G2 one of this days...
can't wait!

Any Shops u recommend?
 

Goondu

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,292
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#8
Originally posted by rainyboy


Thanx Bean, think your comment might have saved me
quite a sum of money. Thanx.
Think i would be getting the G2 one of this days...
can't wait!

Any Shops u recommend?
Alan Photo (in SLS)
John 3:16
Cathay Photo
 

Bluestrike

Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
4,784
0
0
41
There lor~
bluestrike.clubsnap.org
#9
Originally posted by rainyboy


Thanx Bean, think your comment might have saved me
quite a sum of money. Thanx.
Think i would be getting the G2 one of this days...
can't wait!

Any Shops u recommend?
Well this Wed, there is a SEED session which is a good time for you to come down and meet us and oso get the G2.

We are meeting at Cathay Photo of Pennisula at 630pm and if it ok with you, feel free to join us. Come on down and gather more information b4 buying etc etc etc.

Wish you the best!
 

zhapchit

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
693
0
0
North-East
Visit site
#10
Originally posted by Bean


A dry environment will deter fugus from growing inside your lens. Considering the small size of a G2, you might like to consider a small dry box plus silica gel instead of a dry cabinet. It costs less than $40 for a small one.

Cheers
:)
if you want to save more can get those cheaper plastic containers :p
try to search for Klause's post on DIY drybox :D
 

R

rainyboy

Guest
#11
Thanks...

Think i missed the SEEDS session...
hmm...
went Cathay photos at peninsula...
rather ex... they quoted me 1380 for the G2...
...
 

#12
Er... Seed is later today at 6.30p.m ley... hee hee...

BTW, a small dry cabinet cost less than a hundred... so the savings involved in getting a dry box or a cabinet is also subjective...
 

B

budiman10

Guest
#13
umm.. how much n where to get the silica gel ah??
 

Bean

New Member
Apr 16, 2002
781
0
0
www.pbase.com
#14
Originally posted by budiman10
umm.. how much n where to get the silica gel ah??
Many cameras shops and photo labs sell Silica Gel. Dun buy the small containers version which cost about $1 each. The much much bigger bottle version will cost less than $4 if you bargain...

Cheers
:)
 

B

budiman10

Guest
#15
but i only got a small dry box for my dc so which i should get?
 

Bean

New Member
Apr 16, 2002
781
0
0
www.pbase.com
#16
Originally posted by budiman10
but i only got a small dry box for my dc so which i should get?
Since it only costs a few dollars, I'll suggest get the bottle version.

:D
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom