Not open for further replies.

jiewei

Sep 2, 2008
This is the first time i post pic on cs so i need guide from the senior here :D

Is my picture colour vibrant enough??
or is there anything wrong with it?

2zehy8i.jpg

Last edited:
It's vibrant enough, but your white balance could be a bit warmer.

It's vibrant enough, but your white balance could be a bit warmer.

isit normal if the raw photo take is not vibrant ? cos this vibrantness is i use photoshop make 1 ...

isit normal if the raw photo take is not vibrant ? cos this vibrantness is i use photoshop make 1 ...

Raw as in you shot in NEF format or raw as in the jpeg out of the camera. I don't have a problem with the colour rendition of D90. I'm using 'Portrait' picture control and I usually shoot in 'Cloudy' WB. If you like things more saturated, you can use the 'Landscape' or 'Vivid' picture controls.

Work a bit on your composition.

i oso got one of this shot .. keke

3021089467_f73b73585e_o.jpg

but composition still not ideal for mine.. too

Last edited:
Raw as in you shot in NEF format or raw as in the jpeg out of the camera. I don't have a problem with the colour rendition of D90. I'm using 'Portrait' picture control and I usually shoot in 'Cloudy' WB. If you like things more saturated, you can use the 'Landscape' or 'Vivid' picture controls.

Work a bit on your composition.

i edit from the NEF format 1 .

thanks for the tips i will try again later :D

i oso got one of this shot .. keke

but composition still not ideal for mine.. too

Should have shot from a slightly different angle to bring the white park of the background away from the flower clusters. It's a bit distracting but I think might be ok if it formed the background of the stalk instead.

i edit from the NEF format 1 .

thanks for the tips i will try again later :D

Did you use Adobe Camera Raw/Photoshop to convert? I'm not a RAW shooter but I heard that Capture NX does a better job in converting NEF files. Actually if you don't need to do a lot of PP work, JPEF Fine should be more than sufficient and that should save you a lot of time converting from NEF.

Yup. Observe some composition rules such as Rules of Thirds, Vanishing/Leading Lines or Triangular composition to begin with and after you get the hang of it, you should be able to break away from these rules and go with what you think is pleasing.

Last edited:
Should have shot from a slightly different angle to bring the white park of the background away from the flower clusters. It's a bit distracting but I think might be ok if it formed the background of the stalk instead.

noted as well... now trying shot more on rules of third composition etc... hope can produce better shots in future...

back to jiewei... good try :)

wow .. how come so dark 1?

Most important is to bring the attention to the subject. Playing with contrast can help to bring the viewer's attention to the main subject. However, the bright patch on the right of the flower spoils that. It's important to watch the background also. Some people may feel that the image is slightly under but I think it's ok.

Last edited:
Most important is to bring the attention to the subject. Playing with contrast can help to bring the viewer's attention to the main subject. However, the bright patch on the right of the flower spoils that. It's important to watch the background also. Some people may feel that the image is slightly under but I think it's ok.

look's like i got alot things to learn :)

Oh! You shoot in Raw ah? Raw meaning uncooked, unprocess or being in its natural condition.

So naturally the color may appear somehow "uncooked".

Depending on the subject. Color for Raw file is commonly not "vibrant" compare with Process Jpeg. You go shoot the same subject again in Jpeg and compare the two and you should be able to see the difference. Flower with vibrant color usually will be quite obvious.

the dull colour is because the light is not ideal

in the picture above the light is from the back and thus the flower is in shadow, so how to get vibrant colour
try again what nice light falling on the subject and under expose slightly

Oh! You shoot in Raw ah? Raw meaning uncooked, unprocess or being in its natural condition.

So naturally the color may appear somehow "uncooked".

Depending on the subject. Color for Raw file is commonly not "vibrant" compare with Process Jpeg. You go shoot the same subject again in Jpeg and compare the two and you should be able to see the difference. Flower with vibrant color usually will be quite obvious.

Not totally true. It largely also depends on what processing the camera is putting each JPG image through.

TS, here is what i did with your photo.

356cf2c3.jpg

its just one of the "millions" of ways a photo can be adjusted to make even a average photo possibly look interesting.

Last edited:

356cf2c3.jpg

its just one of the "millions" of ways a photo can be adjusted to make even a average photo possibly look interesting.

actually also done something to the photo, hope u dont mind... im oso on learning phrase :)
is it better or worse?

2zehy8icopy.jpg

356cf2c3.jpg

ya it look's creative :)

actually also done something to the photo, hope u dont mind... im oso on learning phrase :)
is it better or worse?

2zehy8icopy.jpg

wow that contrasting enough :thumbsup:

the dull colour is because the light is not ideal

in the picture above the light is from the back and thus the flower is in shadow, so how to get vibrant colour
try again what nice light falling on the subject and under expose slightly

ok got it liao will try to get the timing right .. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.