Need help on my dry cabinets!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

unity58

Oct 14, 2003
Hi everyone I just bought a digi-cabi dry cabinet from AP. However I do not know how to adjust the knob inside the dry cabinet. Try calling AP and the person also not very sure and the manual never say anything also. Hence can anyone using digi-cabi tell me what position of the knob shld I turn to if I am using it to keep my digital camera?? My one is a digital hrydrometer and the knob has these few position : Hi, A, B, C, Lo...........so which one shld I turn too.........pls need help urgently. Thanks!!

Note : I had just turn the knob to C already. Please give advice guys. Really thanks a lot!

Hi guys sorrie again.....by the way teher are 2 lights on my cabinets......red and green. I know the red means power supply....how about the green one....what is it for? will both lights be always on?? Thanks for the advice again.

unity58 said:
Hi everyone I just bought a digi-cabi dry cabinet from AP. However I do not know how to adjust the knob inside the dry cabinet. Try calling AP and the person also not very sure and the manual never say anything also. Hence can anyone using digi-cabi tell me what position of the knob shld I turn to if I am using it to keep my digital camera?? My one is a digital hrydrometer and the knob has these few position : Hi, A, B, C, Lo...........so which one shld I turn too.........pls need help urgently. Thanks!!

Note : I had just turn the knob to C already. Please give advice guys. Really thanks a lot!

Just leave the knob at C. It will take a while for the humidity of the dry cabinet to drop to ard 40-45% RH. So please be patient. Give it a day to get used to the settings. Changign the setting to "hurry" the RH to drop won't make a difference.

Hi just change to C?? May I know what does A, B and C stand for?? Becoz by default it was not at C.....I had turned it lor.....and I forget what is the default. Hence pls advice again. Thanks,

unity58 said:
Hi just change to C?? May I know what does A, B and C stand for?? Becoz by default it was not at C.....I had turned it lor.....and I forget what is the default. Hence pls advice again. Thanks,

A, B and C are just settings for the humidity level. They are between Hi and Lo. Lo humidity meaning the RH is low. ie 20% on the indicator. Hi is 100%.

Don't need to be too dogmatic abt it. The dial settings are not very accurate A, B and C. Maybe the manufacturer should have set it like 10%, 20% etc.

Just set it to C, let the dehumifier do its job and then tweak the setting a little towards hi or lo depending on the meter reading.

I live near the sea, so guess for me my enviroment is more humid then most.
Perhaps C would be too Lo for you.

The recommended level for camera equipment should be 40-45% I think.

Ya lor......it shld be in percent and not A,B or C......I so blur.....me now have set it to B lioa and the reading is dropping towards 40% liao.......so if it drop further mean I have to increase the knob to Hi??

By the way what does the green light mean?? Will it mean off when it reach the temperature??

Anyone can advise.....by the way thanks for your advice coke21!

unity58 said:
Ya lor......it shld be in percent and not A,B or C......I so blur.....me now have set it to B lioa and the reading is dropping towards 40% liao.......so if it drop further mean I have to increase the knob to Hi??

By the way what does the green light mean?? Will it mean off when it reach the temperature??

Anyone can advise.....by the way thanks for your advice coke21!

Yup, try to balance it at 40-45%. Don't open the door in the meantime, that will cause the humidity to go up again. I have no idea what the green light is for, mine is the older version. Uses an analogue meter. Not a digital one. Only has a red light which is the indication that the cabinet is working.

Then anyone using the digital one?? I just wish to know what the green light is for and will it be off in any situation? And if anyone can tell me what the A, B and C on the knob is for, thanks in advance.

By the way coke21, did you ever turn your knob before?? When you bought your one by default is it at C or your one is at % form???

Thanks!

I have a smiliar Dry Cabinet and the green light has always been on since Day 1. Nothing to worry abt.

Cheers

unity58 said:
Then anyone using the digital one?? I just wish to know what the green light is for and will it be off in any situation? And if anyone can tell me what the A, B and C on the knob is for, thanks in advance.

By the way coke21, did you ever turn your knob before?? When you bought your one by default is it at C or your one is at % form???

Thanks!

Mine has the A, B and C markings also. I have only turned it once, thats when I first got my dry cabinet. After I made the setting, have not changed it ever since. No reason to.

I bought 80 dollars at AP. However I got a discount of 10 dolars as I also bought other things. In overall think not too cheap also la......maybe me too bad at bargaining lor......:-(

swiftdragon -> May I know did you turn your A B or C knob before?? Which position is your knob in and what is it used for?? Thanks.

I do recall shifting the knob... I used the trial and error method. I set it to a certain point, wait for a day for the reading to stablise and when I wanted to to hoover ard the 42% mark, I just shifted the knob again.

unity58 said:

Thanks!

JUST GOT MINE TODAY! :D

Okay, your questions:

A,B,C are RH% settings with the side going towards 'A' being the highest. A,B,C are the ranges (recommended in the piece of insert that came with the cabinet) A=55%, B=45%, C=35% with 5% error range.

The red lamp is the Power indicator and the Green lamp is the humidity indicator.

Hope all these helps!

HelmetBox how much did you bought yours and from where?

By the way how did you get all these answer from too?

unity58 said:
By the way how did you get all these answer from too?

Analysis and reading the labels ;p

By the way how you read the labels?? The instruction never stated at all le........When I try to switch to B lor it went below 40% le........that why now I try to switch to B and C center lor....but the reading not too sure as the cabinet in my gf house lor.........

So what is your reading now and have you switch the knob or not to which position?? camera is best for 40% to 50% or 45% to 55%??

unity58 said:
By the way how you read the labels?? The instruction never stated at all le........When I try to switch to B lor it went below 40% le........that why now I try to switch to B and C center lor....but the reading not too sure as the cabinet in my gf house lor.........

So what is your reading now and have you switch the knob or not to which position?? camera is best for 40% to 50% or 45% to 55%??

Just make sure that your cabinet is below 50%RH it should be fine already. No need to lose sleep over such a small matter.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.