Need help on IR filter for G2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andslm

Hi guys....

i just bougth IR (infra red) filter today. But after put it on my G2, why i cannot see anything....all is just black....can someone help me with this ??

Thanks

i take it around 8 seconds....still cannot see anything....or must it taken duirng daylight ??...

any change to white balance ???

Originally posted by andslm
i take it around 8 seconds....still cannot see anything....or must it taken duirng daylight ??...

any change to white balance ???

IR filters are used during daytime, especially when there is bright sunlight.

If u want to test the filter, point ur DC on a likely IR emitter like a light bulb or fluorescent lamp.

It may be hard to see the target, so set ur ISO to the max. Exposure would depend on the sensitivity of ur ccd to IR, so got to experiment.

If u have "one touch WB" like the Olympus models, use it.

IR pics should have a reddish tint to it...

Welcome to IR photography! U'll luv it!

thanks for the advise.

i try it tommorow, then see what is the result.

Thanks....

Originally posted by ark19

IR filters are used during daytime, especially when there is bright sunlight.

If u want to test the filter, point ur DC on a likely IR emitter like a light bulb or fluorescent lamp.

It may be hard to see the target, so set ur ISO to the max. Exposure would depend on the sensitivity of ur ccd to IR, so got to experiment.

If u have "one touch WB" like the Olympus models, use it.

IR pics should have a reddish tint to it...

Welcome to IR photography! U'll luv it!

Umm.. sorry.. but how do you use the one touch WB in olympus dc? I dunno how to use ley :dunno:

Originally posted by Klause

Umm.. sorry.. but how do you use the one touch WB in olympus dc? I dunno how to use ley :dunno:

Klause, I think u r like me, never touch the manual in the installation CD right? :bsmilie:

If I can remember offhand:
Press the ok button
press down arrow for WB
select the last option in the WB menu
try to aim at something white, then press the ok button
the dc will take a pic and calculate the WB (I think).
That's it! :D

Common light bulbs don't actually emit infrared radiation. Not sure offhand about flourescent. The flash will, but unless you've got a powerful, powerful flash, you're unlikely to get an exposure. Best to wait to daytime.

Originally posted by Jed

Common light bulbs don't actually emit infrared radiation. Not sure offhand about flourescent. The flash will, but unless you've got a powerful, powerful flash, you're unlikely to get an exposure. Best to wait to daytime.

Sorry abt the wrong info :(

I'd taken an infrared on flourescent lamps, so can try on them :)

Sorry abt the wrong info :(

No problem, we all make mistakes! It is after all a fairly common misconception.

Originally posted by Jed

No problem, we all make mistakes! It is after all a fairly common misconception.

Thanks Jed! Since we're on the topic of IR, I've a question:

Would it be possible to illuminate an object with IR LED torchlight and shoot it with an IR filtered DC?

No idea I've never come in contact with IR LED torchlights... but assuming it emits near infrared radiation, then yes.

Originally posted by Jed
No idea I've never come in contact with IR LED torchlights... but assuming it emits near infrared radiation, then yes.

Guess I'd have to try it then.....

Status
Not open for further replies.