need help on flash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

armand78

Jun 30, 2004
coffin
www.trekshare.com
Hi guys, got some questions on flashlights.
Just want to know what the difference between a 'normal' flash, and a hammer flash? Correct me if i am wrong... thanks ya ;)

Also what are the likely price range i will be looking at for both the flashes(or more types of flash)..

And lastly... What are some recommendations for Nikon's SLR?

got lots of types of flash....the normal one....swivel head...hammerhead...

for nikon film.....sb80/sb80x is highly recommended....digital....sb800/sb600...

the hammerhead flash(nikon sb-23) is good in way at the recycling speed is very fast....but it only works on manual for dslrs...i happen to have one.....use it extensively for events... though manual is pretty irritating

the swivel head when tilted allows u to bounce light off walls/ceilings etc so that the light becomes "softer"

Witness said:
got lots of types of flash....the normal one....swivel head...hammerhead...

for nikon film.....sb80/sb80x is highly recommended....digital....sb800/sb600...

the hammerhead flash(nikon sb-23) is good in way at the recycling speed is very fast....but it only works on manual for dslrs...i happen to have one.....use it extensively for events... though manual is pretty irritating

the swivel head when tilted allows u to bounce light off walls/ceilings etc so that the light becomes "softer"

if i am going for portraits is it better to get hammerhead? and how about nature? roughly how much would i have to fork out... say sb-23?

first i would like to ask u wat camera model are u using...

the sb-23 works only on manual for dslrs.....so i currently having a tough time with it....apart from a strong flash and close to zero recycling time, there's nuttin much to it...

basically i would suggest u get a swivel head like the sb-28 or sb-80, so tt u can bounce light off walls etc, and use and omnibounce to cover the flash should u need to fire straight on, if u wanna do portraits.......

for outdoor portraits, i only use flash for fill purposes, if the swivel not strong enough then i will use the hammerhead... otherwise when i get lazy to take out the flashlight i juz use the build in flash haha...

Witness said:
first i would like to ask u wat camera model are u using...

the sb-23 works only on manual for dslrs.....so i currently having a tough time with it....apart from a strong flash and close to zero recycling time, there's nuttin much to it...

basically i would suggest u get a swivel head like the sb-28 or sb-80, so tt u can bounce light off walls etc, and use and omnibounce to cover the flash should u need to fire straight on, if u wanna do portraits.......

for outdoor portraits, i only use flash for fill purposes, if the swivel not strong enough then i will use the hammerhead... otherwise when i get lazy to take out the flashlight i juz use the build in flash haha...

using the nikon F65...

so can sb-23 work on it? hmmm i presume that sb-28/sb-80 are more expensive models?

Status
Not open for further replies.