need help on Exposure..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shedinja

Apr 14, 2007
The Land of the Free
hi to all CS GURUs...

wanna ask how to get the right exposure? how to know if the pic is underexposed or overexposed? And can anyone advised me using the MANUAL function(shutter & aperture).
not really mastered it yet. im using Nikon D100.

thanks...:)
shedinja

hi to all CS GURUs...

wanna ask how to get the right exposure? how to know if the pic is underexposed or overexposed? And can anyone advised me using the MANUAL function(shutter & aperture).
not really mastered it yet. im using Nikon D100.

thanks...:)
shedinja
http://www.88.com/exposure/index.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exposure_(photography)

Google is your best friend.

Regards,
Arto.

There are lots of books on this subject for you to read up....

looking at the metering indicator in your camera. put it to the centre.

Having the correct exposure for the right picture is not the easiest skill to master. I have worked for photographers who can look at a subject and know immediately what is the correct settings to get the right exposure.

All SLRs come with different types of metering like center weighted, matrix metering, spot metering etc.... these would help you get reasonably correct exposure in most circumstances. Your user guide would tell you how to use these metering tools.

And don't forget the histogram.

And don't forget the histogram.

but the histogram only tell u the graph that its overexposed & underexposed. how am i gonna get the histogram level to in between the overexposed & underexposed?? juz the correct expose...

but the histogram only tell u the graph that its overexposed & underexposed. how am i gonna get the histogram level to in between the overexposed & underexposed?? juz the correct expose...

Simple...

Take a pic. Histogram says underexposed, live review looks too dark --> Adjust EV+ or reduce shutter speed or open the aperture or up the ISO. Try again.

Histogram says overexposed, live review looks too bright --> Adjust EV- or increase shutter speed or close aperture or reduce ISO. Try again.

go to itunes > itunes store > podcasts > subscribe to photography 101 podcast

the latest episode is on exposure. really cleared my doubts on that subject. its a video podcast and although the host's voice is boring as hell, its sure is better than just reading text. u might be able to understand & remember more with the graphics shown.

tons of other great photography podcast as well. give it a try!

Ugh, why pay for a podcast when there are a lot of free webpages with lots of graphics too?

Status
Not open for further replies.