Need help on Digital Cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Conceptx

Hi all!

I'm looking out on buying a new Digital Camera for my projects and would like to receive advices, suggestions, etc, on any cam you'd NOT Recommend or praises.

I've always been checking and tracking on the price of the Olympus C-4040, at S$1300 because of its bright lens (f1.8), as a popular hit for most photographers.

Any inputs would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
Alfie

Somewhere around 4MP would be good.

Bluestrike; what about those models you'd stated?

Seems like the competition is very tight against one another.

I have used my friend's C-2040 and it has very good pictures! I like the idea of "plug-&-play", with the drag and drop the pictures from the Camedia to the desktop!

How about E20N?

Nikon has bad reviews on Digital Cameras, as of rumours.

Canon, not so sure. Fuji has good pictures too.

The question is: which is value for money?

I'm doing more on A2 Posters so pictures MUST be good and sharp. As a student, I don't have much to spare, needless to say, regretting of my purchase (IF ANY) later.

I don't believe in rumours, so need more suggestions.
Thanks!

Originally posted by Conceptx
Seems like the competition is very tight against one another.

I have used my friend's C-2040 and it has very good pictures! I like the idea of "plug-&-play", with the drag and drop the pictures from the Camedia to the desktop!

How about E20N?

Nikon has bad reviews on Digital Cameras, as of rumours.

Canon, not so sure. Fuji has good pictures too.

The question is: which is value for money?

I'm doing more on A2 Posters so pictures MUST be good and sharp. As a student, I don't have much to spare, needless to say, regretting of my purchase (IF ANY) later.

I don't believe in rumours, so need more suggestions.
Thanks!

A2 size.... then best to get the DSLR liao lor!
at least 6mp ones...
But a 3mp(D30) can print up to A3 and A2 is ok too! but there is jpg arifact on closer look.

I think that if you going to print to A2, then might try the S602Z since it can interpolate to 6MP which is and shld be enough to print to A2. The colour is quite good too.

Originally posted by Bluestrike

I think that if you going to print to A2, then might try the S602Z since it can interpolate to 6MP which is and shld be enough to print to A2. The colour is quite good too.

There's no need to 2nd guess too! Just download some samples off the net and print to see the effect and quality!

what are you using to print A2 size??btw, A2 is 4x the size of A4..... 420mm x 594mm !!

if you have such sizes, it will be better to use film.....analog cameras, much cheaper than digital camera too...... otherwise you may need to get 15MP cameras!!

otherwise get professional photographers to help.

get a C4040 for fun and play around getting good and sharp photos for up to A4 size.......

can shoot several times and then stitched up the photos ;p

that's what some people do for landscapes.

Originally posted by looteer
what are you using to print A2 size??btw, A2 is 4x the size of A4..... 420mm x 594mm !!

if you have such sizes, it will be better to use film.....analog cameras, much cheaper than digital camera too...... otherwise you may need to get 15MP cameras!!

otherwise get professional photographers to help.

get a C4040 for fun and play around getting good and sharp photos for up to A4 size.......

You mean the C4040 is a toy?? I thought it was something of a high end digital camera??

Yes, I do Advertising Posters for my school, so going digital is cheaper. And yes, it's 4 A4s= A2.

I cannot tell you how we do pictures to that kind of size, but I need opinions on cameras right now because for that sum of money, it ain't small at all for a student.

I own a EOS 50 but it's just too much money doing all that prints every time a project comes. I mean, you can have 5 projects at 1 time.

Originally posted by mpenza
can shoot several times and then stitched up the photos ;p

that's what some people do for landscapes.

Like I have mentioned, I cannot disclose the technique of doing pictures that big...

My current Digital Cam is gone, so I'm eyeing on a few good ones right now.

BTW, no one does that kind of "patch work" for large photos. It's considered unprofessional in my field.

Originally posted by Bluestrike

A2 size.... then best to get the DSLR liao lor!
at least 6mp ones...
But a 3mp(D30) can print up to A3 and A2 is ok too! but there is jpg arifact on closer look.

I have checked out the Fuji's S602Z and it's a 3.1MP Cam at S$1399 or something like that. :eek:

Looks good on the exterior, though the Minolta's Dimage 5 and 7 makes anyone look professional with its shiny casing.

Looks good on the exterior, though the Minolta's Dimage 5 and 7 makes anyone look professional with its shiny casing.

*palms face*

though the Minolta's Dimage 5 and 7 makes anyone look professional with its shiny casing.

Oh, the pain.

*palms face*

I have checked out the Fuji's S602Z and it's a 3.1MP Cam at S$1399 or something like that. :eek:

pay less than $1260 for it. since you're professional in your field, you should know where to get your equipment right?

Like I have mentioned, I cannot disclose the technique of doing pictures that big...

I'm not interested at all. don't assume too much.

pay less than $1260 for it. since you're professional in your field, you should know where to get your equipment right?

I usually frequent the shop on the 1 storey, at the corner shop, Peninsula Shopping Centre. However, this shop doesn't carry a lot of new items, mostly used, but they are reliable. Just cannot remember the name of the shop....

Anyway, that price of S$1399 was at Courts, so that spells the reason.

For digital, I need opinions from you guys because I'm new to Digital Cameras though I'm well verse with SLR 35mm ones. If not, I wouldn't have posted this thread here, perhaps not even reading anything here in this forum.

I'm not interested at all. don't assume too much.

This is what you get in Singapore. Putting words into others' mouth.

Makes forums a shit hole to be at.

Anyway, thanks a lot to Bluestrike for his suggestions.

Will leave all forums for now. What a place!

Status
Not open for further replies.