Need help on digital camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

slifer

Nov 5, 2007
Hi guys,

My 1st post in here..

looking to get digital camera for fun shot and also some basic scenery shot, but still a poor student going for budget Digital Camera first... at around 400 or lesser if could but ani recomendation? I considering Sony T20 at the moment.. looking for some thing style but useful and great and value for money.

Hope u guys could give some advise... greatly appriciate it

Sounds like you already have a choice... you must have tried it somewhere somehow...

The choices are many as in the needs are great and varies greatly. Try as many as you can and go get it.

yup, tested it on sony gallery, abit tempted to t70 but is like 150 diff for 0.5" more fo screen + touch screen abit not worth it.

style yes, pic quality consider something else esp nite shots.
consider 2ndhand to save money

Hi slifer,

Firstly, let me welcome you to CS.

Sony compact cameras are pretty decent in broad daylight and like all the other compacts, when in low light conditions & nigh photography, the noise level may be quite irritating. The T20 is pretty nice & performs not too bad but if you intend to take a lot of low light pictures or night shots, the Fuji F series would be much recommended but the design is not as stylish as the Sony's.

You may want to get a 2nd hand prosumer camera from the Buy/Sell section here to have better controls & quality.

i nt 2nd hand lover, lols sry

hmmm heard that Nikkon S500 nt bad?

is it worth to get Fuji501FD the 12.1 megapixel one at 499? the review for it see mnt bad.

i nt 2nd hand lover, lols sry

hmmm heard that Nikkon S500 nt bad?

is it worth to get Fuji501FD the 12.1 megapixel one at 499? the review for it see mnt bad.
Ahhh.. you raising the price bracket now... and u see.. it gets better. It happens when u get better at your shoot...

Welcome to photography addiction.. and quest to better oneself as days goes by!!..

ya loh.. but the 499 bench mark of camera is consider pricy le -.-! cos if reali spend tt amount is equal coughing up half of my pay, (Waiting NS) thus working.

i think is better i list out the use of my camera first ba

1st, got new born sister, then dad no camera, wanted to get 1 so my dad some times can use to tk pic and video

2nd, for gf to bring to function or wat ba.

3rd, try photography, interested in it.

Drawback,

Price. -.-! the usual thing lols.

already own k810i

Btw, i dun understand the term of u guys saying noisy in ISO higher stuff? noisy = sound or pic quality.

Sorry for my so so so many queiries

acutally is 300-400, but if no choice, then can stretch to there, got savings so fret not lols.

actually wanted get k850 but after awhile feel that is crap spending huge amount on a camera fone, thus lead to getting Digital Camera.

acutally is 300-400, but if no choice, then can stretch to there, got savings so fret not lols.

actually wanted get k850 but after awhile feel that is crap spending huge amount on a camera fone, thus lead to getting Digital Camera.

I see. I would recommend that you set a budget and work within it cos when you go to the shop the sales person will start to recommend you a few models telling you their advantages and in the end you will end up spending more.

Actually the T20 is a decent compact camera. I would suggest that you shortlist a few cameras within your set budget and do a comparison before deciding.

Just to share an experience with you. My friend wanted to get a camera and asked me to follow her as she's not into electronics stuff & afraid that she'll get conned. So I followed her to a big electronic shop to test the 2 cameras she has shortlisted. When we reached the place, we asked for the 2 particular models and the sales person was very friendly to show them to us. When my friend was testing the camera, she found that the Sony cam. she has chosen lacks very much in quality as compared to the other very reputable brand she has shortlisted. The sales person keep asking my friend to take the other one cos it's pictures looked better. I told my friend to hold on and took over the 2 cams and started playing with them. Just as I expected, I found that the settings very so much different on the cams. So I changed the settings to the same level on the 2 cams & asked my friend to take some sample shots with the 2 cams and I'm sure you can guess which cam my friend took. She now very, very happy with her Sony. :)

So when you test the cameras do not listen to the sales person, listen to your heart and make sure to set the cameras to the same level when doing test shots.

omg this is useful, thanks galdor. Better check the setting first lols... but most of the sales rep at BIG outlet like HM and Courts, they do not noe alot abt Camera at all, but i think i may be dropping to MS or AP at F and SLS tml to check it out, seriously right now is like juz between T20 and F50FD but i noe sure abt other model, cos i nv heard b4. like nikkon etc. I ban Samsung and olympus , dun like that 2 brand, bad expereince

omg this is useful, thanks galdor. Better check the setting first lols... but most of the sales rep at BIG outlet like HM and Courts, they do not noe alot abt Camera at all, but i think i may be dropping to MS or AP at F and SLS tml to check it out, seriously right now is like juz between T20 and F50FD but i noe sure abt other model, cos i nv heard b4. like nikkon etc. I ban Samsung and olympus , dun like that 2 brand, bad expereince

You're welcome bro. Sony is having a year end carnival thingy, you can check at MS Color.

yeah, got a E-quote from florence, 340 +2gb+pouch, even better from Sony Gallery which is 399 with 1gb + pouch+free lesson (bo liao one right?)

Yeah i noe abt Sony year end, always Year end their price slashed alot.

erm abt the noisy thingy in ISO setting wat is it, no one answered mi that yet.

yeah, got a E-quote from florence, 340 +2gb+pouch, even better from Sony Gallery which is 399 with 1gb + pouch+free lesson (bo liao one right?)

Yeah i noe abt Sony year end, always Year end their price slashed alot.

erm abt the noisy thingy in ISO setting wat is it, no one answered mi that yet.

Yah, usually the shops will give better discount. :)

Noise is the grains in the pictures but from my experience is that the noise are hardly visible when you print the picture. Usually it looks very bad on the screen.

ISO is the cameras sensitivity to light. Usually in bright days, you only need to use ISO 100 or lower to capture a picture as it's bright enough to work. In a low light situation if your ISO remains at 100 the shutter speed will be very slow to get the picture and it'll be prune to hand shakes which will cause blur pictures. If you increase your ISO to say 400, the shutter will be compensated with the higher sensitivity and your shutter speed will be faster hence will not have a high chance of blur pictures due to hand shake but the grains will be more visible.

Hope this helps.

yeah it help alots ! Thanks

Finally realise tt there is lots mroe to photography then wat it seem like =D

yeah.. take a look but dun start looking beyond.

in any case... K810i is a fantastic camera phone. So when u have your T20 with gf or papa, you can still shoot nice images... and having the same system (Sony) will simplfy a little for your software use... :)

MS quote rather attractive i must say...

yeah, used to Sony de interface le.

Indeed k810 is a great camera fone

Status
Not open for further replies.