Need help on camera bags or cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockshox

Mar 24, 2002
Bedroom
www.pbase.com
Going for a 6 months photoshoot trip in the USA this end of March, I would be bringing all my camera's and lenses. 2 Bodies,
16-35, 28-70, 70-200, 300 F2.8, 600mmF4. + 2 tripods with wimberly head.

Will they allow that amount of gear to be hand carried inside the plane?
Which bag to use?

Thanks in advance.

any bag as long as its allowed to be hand carried. I dont want to check in my gear for fear of being damage or lost.

International Flight usually no problem...i carried my Lowepro 400AW Reporter and my Backpack onboard.....

Cheers.....

Rockshox said:
any bag as long as its allowed to be hand carried. I dont want to check in my gear for fear of being damage or lost.

plinius said:
International Flight usually no problem...i carried my Lowepro 400AW Reporter and my Backpack onboard.....

Cheers.....

i doubt u can squeeze all ur gear in a LP 400aw... u would probably require a lowepro pro trekker at least... there are dimensions available.. maybe u can give the airline co..a call to check..hope this helps :)

I was planning to use my Lowepro Commercial AW for all my gears + a duffel bag for the 600mm. So I just check in my Tripods..

Any more suggestions will really help.

Tan131,
I will give them a call. Tnx.

rockshox.. i suggest u check it out with the airline.. cos some airlines restrict each passenger to jus one piece of hand carry lagguage :)

If u can't squeeze it all into one bag, the answer is no.

Anyway, it's an interesting thing, read Michael Reichmman's passage about packing for his Bangladesh trip to see how a top landscape photographer deals with it.

Rockshox said:
Going for a 6 months photoshoot trip in the USA this end of March, I would be bringing all my camera's and lenses. 2 Bodies,
16-35, 28-70, 70-200, 300 F2.8, 600mmF4. + 2 tripods with wimberly head.

Will they allow that amount of gear to be hand carried inside the plane?
Which bag to use?

Thanks in advance.

waileong said:
If u can't squeeze it all into one bag, the answer is no.

Anyway, it's an interesting thing, read Michael Reichmman's passage about packing for his Bangladesh trip to see how a top landscape photographer deals with it.

i read that write up...the bag cost USD 360+ :eek:

any other option? :dunno:

Rockshox said:
I was planning to use my Lowepro Commercial AW for all my gears + a duffel bag for the 600mm. So I just check in my Tripods..

Any more suggestions will really help.

Tan131,
I will give them a call. Tnx.
i heard that with the added security these days, you're going to have to check in your tripod.... i think some airlines view it as a possible weapon

so probably plan your packing along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.