Need help on buying digital SLR....

Status
Not open for further replies.

siron

Mar 18, 2002
somewhere near...
www.geocities.com
Hi guys,

I intend to get a Digital SLR camera, but don't know how to start off. I have been using the Sony Cybershot 707 for a good 5 years!! And it finally is showing symptons of dying on me soon. And I feel that digital SLR give a better color....So I thought I should go into DIGITAL SLR.. But need advise on how can i start??

I am looking at the Sony A100 or the Canon EOS400D which is abt the same price. What do you all recommend? And must I get a len to go with it ?

Basically my use for the camera is to shoot my baby and of cuz daily stuffs. Nothing complicated.

I need advises dearly. Thank you very much!

Any help will be much appreciated!!
Cheers

Hi guys,

I intend to get a Digital SLR camera, but don't know how to start off. I have been using the Sony Cybershot 707 for a good 5 years!! And it finally is showing symptons of dying on me soon. And I feel that digital SLR give a better color....So I thought I should go into DIGITAL SLR.. But need advise on how can i start??

I am looking at the Sony A100 or the Canon EOS400D which is abt the same price. What do you all recommend? And must I get a len to go with it ?

Basically my use for the camera is to shoot my baby and of cuz daily stuffs. Nothing complicated.

I need advises dearly. Thank you very much!

Any help will be much appreciated!!
Cheers

Get the DSLR, shoot with the kit lens.

Learn what you need before buying, rather than learn what you dont need after buying.

Not sure if there is any promo going on though. There was a road show at Bugis last weekend when I passed by.

So you are recommending the Sony A100 and not the EOS400D?
Anyway how much is it selling now?

As I plan to get it asap. Thank You

I would get the A100 too. Much better ergonomics than the 400D.

However, Sony is VERY overpriced here in SG. I recommend ordering it from abroad, or get it off the marketplace section.

Sony stuff are never cheap. :)

the A100 is a better choice than the 400D. the 400D's kit lens is not very good and A100's 18-70mm is much better than the 400D 18-55mm. although A100 is more costly, its a better investment than the 400D.

the A100 is a better choice than the 400D. the 400D's kit lens is not very good and A100's 18-70mm is much better than the 400D 18-55mm. although A100 is more costly, its a better investment than the 400D.

okay thanks... I got it already! ;) Now trying to figure how to play with it!! :)

Congrats on your new purchase! Have fun. :)

Wah, you fast leg, fast hand hor. :bsmilie: Congrats in joining the DSLR Bandwagon. BTW, I'm selling some lenses that can be used on your A100. Do check out the B&S section. ;)

Wah, you fast leg, fast hand hor. :bsmilie: Congrats in joining the DSLR Bandwagon. BTW, I'm selling some lenses that can be used on your A100. Do check out the B&S section. ;)

The faster one catches the bus! hahaha... Okay I will take note. But for now I will just use the len it comes with till I master this camera. :) Thanks

The faster one catches the bus! hahaha... Okay I will take note. But for now I will just use the len it comes with till I master this camera. :) Thanks

Try to join the outings being planned in the Sony/Minolta threads. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.