Need help on auto-focus problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawpaw23

Sep 10, 2009
Singapore
i am using my d90 for taking kids photo this morning, suddenly after the break, i turn on my Camera and got this "--f" blinking on the screen and i cannot take any shot. What i did is turn-off the power. After turning on-again, i can take photo. but the problem is the camera now cannot auto-focus.

I turn on auto in cam, turn-on auto in lens, still the same. I go to menu and try to change the auto-focus but i cannot highlight.

Now i dont know which one got problem, is it my camera or lens. Btw, my camera is month old only.:confused:

anyone encounter this problem? Thanks..

the contact on the lens having problem...
causes the camera body can not recognize the lens...
u may send for services if ur lens is nikon lens...:)

the contact on the lens having problem...
causes the camera body can not recognize the lens...
u may send for services if ur lens is nikon lens...:)

Thanks for reply. i contacted nikon, they ask me to bring down my unit and lens, but they only open until 7pm. so troublesome. so its a lens problem not camera?:cry:

Thanks for reply. i contacted nikon, they ask me to bring down my unit and lens, but they only open until 7pm. so troublesome. so its a lens problem not camera?:cry:

Usually I drop by during lunchtime.

wat if the lens is not nikon, so where should we go?

wat if the lens is not nikon, so where should we go?

Go to respective distributor service center :angel:

To TS, do you have any friends to loan a camera or lens to test it out first? This is to narrow down the problem source, then you can try to clean the contact on either lens or camera. It might save you a trip down to NSC.

Make sure when you mount your lens , it 'clicks' firmly on the mount.
F-- is normally when the lens contact are not talking to the camera.

It can be both ways , but most of the time .. its lens related.
See it more and more with the new plastic mount lens :(

Awww very sad. Troublesome to bring down to Service Centre.:cry:
Hopefully they can fix before weekend or else i cannot go with my friends to shoot.:thumbsd:

This also happened to me during the 1 week of using the D90 but eventually it went away. What I did was to remove & re-attach the lens a couple of times the problem solved since. I guess it's clean & new contact. Hope it's same for you too. Good luck

Thanks to all the suggestions guys.. i remove my lens couple of times. and put it back but still the same. Im still ok that the cam is under warranty.. very sad exprience..im in the middle of shooting kids and then it happened..

but im not mad of d90 or nikon, all stuff get problem, its just that mine comes to early hahaha..:eek: i will post here whatever happens tomorrow...:think:

Just to update. I went to Nikon Service Centre around 6:00 pm and i have a very good experience. I get my number and wait for a while. Then the customer service officer attended me. She ask about my cam problem. Then she tell my that they need 5-10 days to check the item to make sure nothing will go wrong after they return it to me. Then i told her that me and my friend got photoshoot on saturday. She tell me that she can loan same unit for me.

Wow, i thought i will be left alone this saturday, but Nikon Singapore did evrything for me. Very nice..:thumbsup:

Just to update. I went to Nikon Service Centre around 6:00 pm and i have a very good experience. I get my number and wait for a while. Then the customer service officer attended me. She ask about my cam problem. Then she tell my that they need 5-10 days to check the item to make sure nothing will go wrong after they return it to me. Then i told her that me and my friend got photoshoot on saturday. She tell me that she can loan same unit for me.

Wow, i thought i will be left alone this saturday, but Nikon Singapore did evrything for me. Very nice..:thumbsup:

Yes, the people at NSC are very nice. :)

haha....good to hear about that...at least u still have lens continue ur shooting..
Nikon is great! ;p

they loaned you the same model

Status
Not open for further replies.