Need Help on A80 vs A95

Status
Not open for further replies.

wainism

Apr 15, 2004
Beeshan
hi guys,
can i have your feedback on the difference between A80 and A95?
cos they are really close in terms of specs.
and though A95 have 5MP, i heard that it has more noise cos it has the same sensor or CCD(dunno which) size as the A80.
does this mean shots from the A95 will be more grainy? or does it only apply to night shots?
please throw in whatever feedback you have about the 2
hope to get either one over the week...

A95 has Flexizone focus which previously only available on S and G series
have not see any A95 sample yet dunno about the noise level is acceptable or not but with the same CCD size 1/1.8" with more pixel there should be more noise then A80

why is it that with same ccd size but with more pixels its more noisy?
and will this only apply to night shots(low light) or all shots in general,meaning,A95's shots will be more grainy?
my friend told me that if u dun shoot in the highest res it should be ok?
whats this flexizone focus about?
and one more concern is the fact that its manufactured in china?

wainism said:
why is it that with same ccd size but with more pixels its more noisy?
1)and will this only apply to night shots(low light) or all shots in general,meaning,A95's shots will be more grainy?

2)my friend told me that if u dun shoot in the highest res it should be ok?

3)whats this flexizone focus about?

4)and one more concern is the fact that its manufactured in china?

1) dunno how to explain .... :dunno: leave it to others to answer you

2) dunno it this ture or not, but i just know if you buy a 5MP camera and only use 1024x768 resolution then whats the point of getting it .... of cos use the highest resolution .....

3) not very sure you can check with the website, from my understanding is the the screens is break in to 345 part and you can choose any one point from this 345 point to focus

4) not a concern at all for me, cos so many product is made in china now ... my A80 also made in china, my phone, my LCD, blah blah blah etc

More noise is mainly because 1 million more pixels are squeezed into a CCD that is the same size, this means that each individual sensor on the CCD is even smaller in size compared to the previous 4 MP sensor. The smaller the sensors, the less sensitive they are to light. Hence the noise to signal ratio of a small CCD with more sensors squeezed onto it is higher... hence more noise in the image.

This is also why many people are against the camera manufacturers participating in the "megapixel race". Squeezing more and more sensors into small CCDs will only result in marginally better performance due to the increased noise to signal ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.