[ NEED HELP ] Nikkor 50mm 1.4 Lens self disassembly and cleaning

zwowz

Mar 9, 2009
I am trying to disassembly and clean the lens
and I am stuck here at the rear lens element... the fungus is inside of the 2 rear lens

$rearlens.jpg

my question is can the side ring be screw out?

i have tried but is too tight... and i am using a lot of strength but it doesnt turn

I am trying to disassembly and clean the lens
and I am stuck here at the rear lens element... the fungus is inside of the 2 rear lens

View attachment 12386

my question is can the side ring be screw out?

i have tried but is too tight... and i am using a lot of strength but it doesnt turn
do you have the right tool? Study the thread, you might turn the wrong direction instead.

Yes finally separated them

do you have the right tool? Study the thread, you might turn the wrong direction instead.

$FrontElement.jpg

now how do i separate front elements?

Last edited:
Yes finally separated them

now how do i separate front elements?

Have to wait for Clubsnap resident guru 'fatigue' to answer you, alternatively have to bring to Nikon Service Centre

My guess is that if the elements are glued together then unlikely worth it to separate them youself, as they need to be realigned properly after cleaning, if not the lens will be de-centered

Have to wait for Clubsnap resident guru 'fatigue' to answer you, alternatively have to bring to Nikon Service Centre

My guess is that if the elements are glued together then unlikely worth it to separate them youself, as they need to be realigned properly after cleaning, if not the lens will be de-centered

after a lot of searching on internet i use alcohol to dissolve the glue and use 2 piece of rubber to hold the front plate n twist it out

now at reassembly back... and got stuck again :confused::confused:

$Inner.jpg

is the piece(red) suppose to be in between the 2 catch there? :sweat:

now at reassembly back... and got stuck again :confused::confused:

View attachment 12393

is the piece(red) suppose to be in between the 2 catch there? :sweat:

Oh my! You don't need to dismantle those to clean the optics.
It's like you dismantled the piston just to replace the spark plugs.

You also need to put some markings to return the retaining rings to the exact position.