Need Help! Nikkor 35mm F1.8

sendoh07

Feb 26, 2007
Hi guys,

i just bought the Nikkor 35mm F1.8 last friday 12-Mar-10 and while i was cleaning my lens today, i found out that there is like a STRAND or FIBRE/DUST within the lens! Should i go down to the shop and request for a 1 to 1 exchange or should i go down to nikon service center to claim the warranty?

Sorry for the trouble guys, i'm new here!

Try getting it changed at the shop first.

should call the shop first? or go down straight to change?

i thinks you need to change out if not then i ill send you again after fine solution.... :)

Hi, i went down and changed the lens already.. first lens he took out had the same white strand of thing inside, then change another and it was all okay =)

if you can't live with dust trap inside your lens, then the best way will be only use your lens inside a clean room, or lock inside your dry cabinet & don't use it at all.Only Take out every night to clean & look at it will do.:bsmilie:

FYI, warranty don't cover dust cleaning. You are lucky that the shop still entertain you for this round. What will you do if after another week you discover there are dust trap in your lens again? Spend $80 for cleaning? :bsmilie:

Hi, i went down and changed the lens already.. first lens he took out had the same white strand of thing inside, then change another and it was all okay =)

how long is the strand? do u have picture of the strand?

it's normal to have a few specks of dust in the lens especially over time.

it will not affect the quality of your picture if that is what you are worried about.

Gd to hear u can have it replaced.

If its a strand of human hair or any sort, i will freak out just like u did, But just fyi.... if its just dust specks, i will just heck care it if i will u.. :)

Hi guys, the shop guy told me that the strand of thing wasn't dust, i know lens are not dust proof. He said it was more like remnants when cutting the lens and while manufacturing the lens.