Need help, looking for a good point & shoot camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

bolodski

Deregistered
Sep 9, 2008
Hi All,

I'm looking for a good point and shoot digital camera, preferably somewhere in the 300 to 400 SGD range. Do you guys have any recommendations? I'm leaning towards Canon or Sony. Any other brands recommended?

Thanks a lot:)

Each brand has their own strength and weaknesses. Perhaps you can tell us what you are looking for in the cam. and what you will be shooting.

I'd suggest Panasonic FX520, with touch screen application.

The wide angle is especially useful!

Else the Fuji 100FD is an excellent choice.

Canon might seem to be behind in the compacts at the moment, Sony makes very nice compacts (in terms of looks)

If budget allows, go directly for Panasonic LX3.

Panasonic TZ15 is cool, but it is 500+ may worth to consider if you willing to pay 100 more. Got 10X optical zoom.

I'd suggest Panasonic FX520, with touch screen application.

The wide angle is especially useful!

Else the Fuji 100FD is an excellent choice.

Canon might seem to be behind in the compacts at the moment, Sony makes very nice compacts (in terms of looks)

If budget allows, go directly for Panasonic LX3.

The LX3 will totally blow his budget dude. $300-400 is the budget limit.

If you're looking for something really simple, and manual control is not a must-have, look at the Ixus 80 IS. Good value for money and great hi-ISO noise performance.

Hi All,

I'm looking for a good point and shoot digital camera, preferably somewhere in the 300 to 400 SGD range. Do you guys have any recommendations? I'm leaning towards Canon or Sony. Any other brands recommended?

Thanks a lot:)

Your budget is very limiting... But you could get a Sony T2:

http://www.sony.com.sg/microsite/cybershot/products/t2/index2.html

Or the W120:

http://www.sony.com.sg/microsite/cybershot/products/w130_w120_w110/index.html

Hmm...TS has been deregistered, after just one post... :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.