Need help in PS

Status
Not open for further replies.

enyu

Dec 28, 2005
saving a adjusted pic in PS, under the SAVE option; what is the appropriate setting so as not to lose original detail ? I used the following, if it ok ??

IMAGE OPTIONS :
I choose MAX

FORMAT OPTIONS :
1. Baseline (standard)
2. Baseline (Optimized)
3. Progressive

SIZE :
14.4Kbps ~ 2Mbps
I used 256 Kbps

kindly advice, tks:)

saving the image back as a jpeg WILL lose detail
this is because of the compression

saving in another lossless format like tiff would be better

tks.. say.... if i really really wanted to save as JPEC, what is my best option ???

If your picture need to edit again in future, save it as tiff format.

If not, you can save it as jpg, normally I do it 11 or 12 and it's good enough for printing use.

regardless whatever format you save, you should keep a original image file as back up.

tks CATCHLIGHT.. glad to hear from u again, actually i alway use "SAVE AS" so as to keep the original pic, reason i want to save it as JPEC format is for lab printing and also put pic in my other peripherals (which only accept JPEC format) for viewing. will 256Kbps be too much ?

enyu said:
tks.. say.... if i really really wanted to save as JPEC, what is my best option ???
use as little compression as possible (as catchlight said)

the smaller the file the more data is lost

enyu said:
tks CATCHLIGHT.. glad to hear from u again, actually i alway use "SAVE AS" so as to keep the original pic, reason i want to save it as JPEC format is for lab printing and also put pic in my other peripherals (which only accept JPEC format) for viewing. will 256Kbps be too much ?
Labs do accept tiff format, but jpg/jpeg are more preferable.

If you want to use for web and email uses, save the file under option "save as web" it can reduce the file size further, I usually make my image pixel size 600X900 or 600x400, and with 60% compression, and try not exceed 120kb for a bigger file.

So is recommend you to save the files differently for different purposes.

roger & tks all for advices:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

one more Q regarding PS curve, I noticed the is a LOAD option in CURVE, can I load a pre-defined S-Curve (eg 190-->195 & 60-->55). is user define possible, if yes how can i do it.?

before you can load any, you need to create one and save it.

or you can create the pre define curve as a adjustment layer, drag it to a new doc as to apply the pre define curve to this new doc.

thks catchlight, just tried & it works..:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.