Need help in PS CS5

Aaronlim81

Jul 1, 2010
Singapore, Bukit Panjang
Hi bro/Sis, I got doubts of what is the steps I should do to enchance my picture in CS5. Image taken in RAW using CS5. The more I play with my image the worst it's become.

depends on what you are trying to do, the situation you described is very vague. :dunno:

Oh gosh sorry, I mean what is the first step you guys normally do. For eg,

-resize(correct sizes for forum posting
-sharpen or unsharp mask which one to use
-how to reduce noise without reducing details
-how to remove/erase an object

u referring to the workflow? color and other type of correction in raw convertor. then editing. sharpen last with resizing.

Oh gosh sorry, I mean what is the first step you guys normally do. For eg,

-resize(correct sizes for forum posting
-sharpen or unsharp mask which one to use
-how to reduce noise without reducing details
-how to remove/erase an object

It's very difficult to really teach you to go through each step without being there to guide you. For some even after attending a 3 days class still cannot make it.

For short cut, the next best thing is to borrow the book from your local library and follow the steps. Hope that helps to bring you up to speed. :cool:

It's very difficult to really teach you to go through each step without being there to guide you. For some even after attending a 3 days class still cannot make it.

For short cut, the next best thing is to borrow the book from your local library and follow the steps. Hope that helps to bring you up to speed. :cool:

Agreed I've being watching si much PS CS5 tutorial and yet still can't understand the actual step of doing. What I did presently was resize first,sharpen,reduce noise then covert to jpeg. and from jpeg I resharpen again. Don't know any my imgae always turn out worse than before. Anyway thanks bro I should either attend courses or borrow book from library.:D

There are tons of info in the internet. Just google cs5 and you will be directed to many, many, many sites on PS. Try http://www.cs5.org
LEW

I can give you 1to1 personal tuition if you like. Just PM me. How about this Sat at Lot1? Bring along your laptop.

Sorry bro i been away for awhile just saw your reply. I've just pm you.:)

The first step is to look at the picture. We can't see yours ...

I show some sample of my shots. Just posted in World of Wild. Here's the picture. This the best i can do to save this few shots which i really like.

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

Please enlighten me how to further enchance this few shots. Thanks alot.:cry:

Seems like Photoshop is way over your head.

You might want to start with an easier PP program first, like photocsape.

http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/index.php

Thanks for your info bro. Shall try it out later.

Photos looks flat to me... Play with curves?

o71wlw.jpg

this is how i would do it but there are people who will disagree.
there is not one way to do it, but all depend on feeling.

i d/l the image 1st thing i feel is "need to crop", then gave it a long crop give sense of speed.
then i tot colors quite blend, so saturate a little (ok alot)
felt that overall needed higher contrast. adjusted the curves.
ok still felt flat. so went for sharpening.
felt that the bird doesn't pop enough, increased the contrast on the bird.
still wasn't enough, added another layer.
felt that top as some annoying parts, clone stamp.
felt that bird looking down felt abit sian, liquidfy the head to look higher (image so small, very ez to liquidfy)

o71wlw.jpg

this is how i would do it but there are people who will disagree.
there is not one way to do it, but all depend on feeling.

i d/l the image 1st thing i feel is "need to crop", then gave it a long crop give sense of speed.
then i tot colors quite blend, so saturate a little (ok alot)
felt that overall needed higher contrast. adjusted the curves.
ok still felt flat. so went for sharpening.
felt that the bird doesn't pop enough, increased the contrast on the bird.
still wasn't enough, added another layer.
felt that top as some annoying parts, clone stamp.
felt that bird looking down felt abit sian, liquidfy the head to look higher (image so small, very ez to liquidfy)

i like the way you crop, Initially i wanted to clone/erase some parts which i dont like but i do not know how to get it done. Can you roughly explain to me what you mean by adding another layer and what does liquidfy do? Overall after you amended, i felt more pleased when i look at it. Thanks for your info bro.:thumbsup:

i like the way you crop, Initially i wanted to clone/erase some parts which i dont like but i do not know how to get it done. Can you roughly explain to me what you mean by adding another layer and what does liquidfy do? Overall after you amended, i felt more pleased when i look at it. Thanks for your info bro.:thumbsup:

erm for cloning, set the brush size to something slightly bigger than the item, (or part of the item). set the opacity and fill to around 60% and start cloning away. if you need more detail, increase the %. its no 1 click solution. but tens or hundreds of cloning clicks. (this picture probably's around 20+ 30 clicks)

added another layer of increased contrast of the bird i mean.

liquidfy is a tool under the filter tab. it allow you to alter a image by "pushing" and "pulling" parts of an image. its what people use to enlarge breasts or v-shapes a face.

erm for cloning, set the brush size to something slightly bigger than the item, (or part of the item). set the opacity and fill to around 60% and start cloning away. if you need more detail, increase the %. its no 1 click solution. but tens or hundreds of cloning clicks. (this picture probably's around 20+ 30 clicks)

added another layer of increased contrast of the bird i mean.

liquidfy is a tool under the filter tab. it allow you to alter a image by "pushing" and "pulling" parts of an image. its what people use to enlarge breasts or v-shapes a face.

Aright noted. Think i better go for PS courses in order to understand better. Sort of confusing. Adding another layer sound like cut the bird and paste on the bird on another layer again. Chim...:sweatsm:

general workflow for all photos:

1) shadow/highlight tool
2) color balance adjustment
3) curve adjustment
4) saturation
5) USM/noiseninja.

this is for ps cs 2.