Need help in picking camera~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadajz

Nov 4, 2009
Hellow everybutty! Ima new to photography and i would like to get a DSLR in a couple months time. I have had some research among the brands and currently im in dilemma of picking between Nikon D90 or A Canon 50D. Any pro and cons or comparison between these two camera? Performance/IQ wise~ Thanks :D

A very warm welcome to you, Kadajz.
Nikon D90 and Canon 50D are the equivalent models in each camp.
Both just as good.
My experience with 50D is very satisfactory - fast AF, fast FPS, good LCD resolution, good holding.
I apologise to say that I have not much experience with Nikon D90.
Sincerely, you must go down to the shop and try, try and try.
Honestly, if I were you, I can flip a coin and buy whichever one the coin lands up on. Of course, it just means that they are just as good. And you may think and crack your brain over it and at the end of the day you will still find it so difficult to choose.
My humble opinion.

Hey limwhow,

Thx for your welcome and advice :) I've try before D90 from my friend but not the 50D... but yeah still cant make up my mind yet, you know not a 100-200$ bucks matter. Would like to get the best out of the money~

Hey limwhow,

Thx for your welcome and advice :) I've try before D90 from my friend but not the 50D... but yeah still cant make up my mind yet, you know not a 100-200$ bucks matter. Would like to get the best out of the money~

Since you're only getting in a few months, I say wait... In Feb there's the PMA show, where many new models are usually released. If you buy now, you may kick yourself soon, especially since the 50D is an "old" model already.

Personally I am using D90. But 50D is also very good. I encountered same issue picking up between d90 and 50d.

What I did is:

1. Go to the shop, compare the two camera head to head.
2. Feel both camera in my hand.
3. See what are the things I can get between the two models within my 2k++ budget.
4. Make sure that you will be happy with your decision.
5. End up getting d90 + 18-105mm vr + sb600 + lowepro bag + 8+4 gig card + UV Filter + Tripod + Re-chargeable Batt for Flash + Card Reader.

Now, no regret with my decision, just got battery grip + orig batt + Nikon padded strap last week. Coming soon AF 50mm 1.8 D. BBB Virus now with me waahhh...:cry: Soon my wife will throw me and my camera set outside the room Lolz...:bsmilie:

Yeah they both are kinda oldies aready haha~ Good idea from you Rashkae,thx :D Actualy i also considering to get the D300s for a moment but the price is abit out of my range and i dont think thats a good start for buying a "Entry" level kinda DSLR~

Even if you are not a tech junkie, wait till after the show, if replacement models are announced, the price of old models would drop.

Personally I am using D90. But 50D is also very good. I encountered same issue picking up between d90 and 50d.

What I did is:

1. Go to the shop, compare the two camera head to head.
2. Feel both camera in my hand.
3. See what are the things I can get between the two models within my 2k++ budget.
4. Make sure that you will be happy with your decision.
5. End up getting d90 + 18-105mm vr + sb600 + lowepro bag + 8+4 gig card + UV Filter + Tripod + Re-chargeable Batt for Flash + Card Reader.

Now, no regret with my decision, just got battery grip + orig batt + Nikon padded strap last week. Coming soon AF 50mm 1.8 D. BBB Virus now with me waahhh...:cry: Soon my wife will throw me and my camera set outside the room Lolz...:bsmilie:

Yeah man i was like :confused: "currently"... all those reviews i read make me even more:sticktong will go down and try one day :) thx!

No Problem, hope you can get the camera that will make you happy. =)

Hellow everybutty! Ima new to photography and i would like to get a DSLR in a couple months time. I have had some research among the brands and currently im in dilemma of picking between Nikon D90 or A Canon 50D. Any pro and cons or comparison between these two camera? Performance/IQ wise~ Thanks :D

It's a gd start to think ahead and consider ur options way in advance of ur purchase

u should work out ur needs and test out the cams to know what ultimately suits u

both d90 and 50d are NOT entry level bodies.

nikon entry level: d5000,d3000,d60
canon: 450,500d,1000

but why u wanna buy nikon/canon? buy pentax/oly/sony la...better price for money...
haha i own nikon though...keke

like wat the other forum user say:

both d90 and 50d are NOT entry level bodies.

u are new to photography, why would u wan to get these 2 models?

nikon entry level: d5000,d3000,d60
canon: 450,500d,1000

Sony: a300, a330

I'm using a330.... :cool::cool: i'm also a beginner like you ......

Lol just feel liek buying these two brands haha~

hahah ok nothing can stop you if you've your heart set on these 2 brands.

I would advise you to go read up more about what makes these 2 models (D90 and 50D) intermediate-level cams and not beginner cams.
See if the differences are really what you're after. Maybe these won't be important to you, so you can save some $$ by buying the entry-model?

entry-level doesn't mean poorer image quality. If that's what you think, you've got lots more reading to do! ;)

both systems are good. nikon and canon.
U need to go down to the shops to feel and test the cameras.
Im using a D90.. no complains. Got friend using 50D also. No complains either.

Status
Not open for further replies.