need help in passport photo print

Status
Not open for further replies.

enyu

Dec 28, 2005
Hi... Tried print passport size photo myself using PS element, resized pic to the official passport size (3.5cm by 4.5cm), however for every width or height, there is a paired height/width, then I proceed to UNCHECK "constrain propotion", managed to print the size i want, but pic turned out to be out of propotion. SOS !

and since you wanna do at least a 300 dpi print
your pic dimensions would be
ht = 4.5 / 2.5 = X inches then X inches * 300 = Y pixels for ht
Width = 3.5 / 2.5 = X inches then X inches * 300 = Y pixels for width

and make use of the info in PS to crop ur photo

Sometimes... I feel so helpless cos I know how to do it, but don't know how to tell you to do it... Anyway, I'll try anyway.

Not sure about PS elements, but if it does, you can try the following. When you select the crop tool, at the bar on top, there are 3 fields where you can enter Width, Height and Resolution. Key in all the dimensions/info and just crop away...

enyu said:
Hi... Tried print passport size photo myself using PS element, resized pic to the official passport size (3.5cm by 4.5cm), however for every width or height, there is a paired height/width, then I proceed to UNCHECK "constrain propotion", managed to print the size i want, but pic turned out to be out of propotion. SOS !
You have to check the "constrain propotion", if not, image will be out of propotion.

Use cropping tool with fix aspect ratio, crop out the images area and resize it to the right dimention needed. Or

Use or marquee tool with fix aspect ratio, copy the image you want, paste onto a new document, resize it to the right dimention needed.

tks alot beachboy.... that link really very useful. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.