Need help in monitor!

vicdhika

Aug 2, 2011
Singapore
www.loqato.com
I'm thinking to get new monitor or Calibrator for my Samsung BX2231.

The color in my current monitor is a bit too white when compared to my friend's retina display. So when I edit photo, he always saw it too Contrast in his laptop but it was nicely done in my Monitor.

So, I want to ask whether Calibrator will solve the problem or better change to new monitor like Dell U2410, or U2412H + calibrator?

pleaseee helpp...

Please read the many monitor/calibration threads that already exist in the "Digital Darkroom" section.

No matter what monitor u get, still need to be calibrated to get it right. So may want to get a calibrator to calibrate ur current monitor 1st?

I think i just get calibrator and monitor together

Why? For all you know it's your friend's display that is miscalibrated.

And if you get a new monitor it will need to be recalibrated anyway.

But well, if you're rich and have $$$ to burn instead of correcting your current setup, then it's your choice.

Why? For all you know it's your friend's display that is miscalibrated.

And if you get a new monitor it will need to be recalibrated anyway.

But well, if you're rich and have $$$ to burn instead of correcting your current setup, then it's your choice.

Im not sure.. When i see mine, all picture very white.. When put in ipad or iphone.. The pictures are very yellowish... That's why im unsure about this.. If calibrator only can solve, then probably, i just get the calibrator. If not, then must change monitor, right?

Im not sure.. When i see mine, all picture very white.. When put in ipad or iphone.. The pictures are very yellowish... That's why im unsure about this.. If calibrator only can solve, then probably, i just get the calibrator. If not, then must change monitor, right?

1. Don't assume that apple displays are correct. They frequently are NOT.

2. Calibrate your screen properly first. If your screen is correctly calibrated and the pictures still look too warm on apple displays, the issue is with apple displays. If you get a new monitor and calibrate it, it will be the same banana all over again.

1. Don't assume that apple displays are correct. They frequently are NOT.

2. Calibrate your screen properly first. If your screen is correctly calibrated and the pictures still look too warm on apple displays, the issue is with apple displays. If you get a new monitor and calibrate it, it will be the same banana all over again.

Thanks bis bro!! Seriously this is the answer im looking for!

How about the color gamut range? Will it affect?
What i understand, it's more for printing CMIIW..

Thanks bis bro!! Seriously this is the answer im looking for!

How about the color gamut range? Will it affect?
What i understand, it's more for printing CMIIW..

Printing is a different calibration entirely.

But of course having a good color gamut range is nice in a monitor used for image editing. The Dell UltraSharp are good, as discussed in the other "recommend a monitor" threads.

Printing is a different calibration entirely.

But of course having a good color gamut range is nice in a monitor used for image editing. The Dell UltraSharp are good, as discussed in the other "recommend a monitor" threads.

I saw that thread.. Thats why im thinking to get 2713hm.. If get that monitor, i think i dont need to get calibrator so soon..
Or stick tomwhat u recomment, get calibrator and calibrate first...

I saw that thread.. Thats why im thinking to get 2713hm.. If get that monitor, i think i dont need to get calibrator so soon..
Or stick tomwhat u recomment, get calibrator and calibrate first...

Even a new monitor should be calibrated first, and then re-calibrated every 3-6 months. If you are serious about image editing, get a calibrator.

Even a new monitor should be calibrated first, and then re-calibrated every 3-6 months. If you are serious about image editing, get a calibrator.

Then wont it be still get monitor and calibrator..
Or can i get either 1 first?

Then wont it be still get monitor and calibrator..
Or can i get either 1 first?

As I said before, get a calibrator first, unless you are so rich and have cash to burn then go ahead and get both.

Almost all displays need to be calibrated to show actual color.
I think some calibrators have apps to calibrate phone/tablets display too.

catchlights said:
those display devices need to support color profiling first.

If not wrong, think spyder has the apps for apple devices.

if the devices can't save the profile created, how are the display be calibrated?

Not sure how it able to and I not using iPad/iPhone so not sure how the apps work. Maybe the apps able to display some colour profile when viewing the picture in the spydergallery apps.

SpyderGallery Apps in itune

Datacolor SpyderGALLERY - Professional Photo Viewing, Wherever You Are - Datacolor Imaging Solutions