Need Help In Macro Photography.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenstars08

Nov 21, 2004
Singapore
Hi all,
I am using a Tamron 90mm macro lens very happy working with this lens so far. But currently I find that the range is abit short for some insect photography after tried my friend's Tamron 180 macro.

Wanted to get the Tamron 180 macro but budget abit tide. Next come to my mind was the 2x extender.

May I know is the 90 macro with 2x extender set up same as a 180 macro lens set up?
If yes what are the same & if no what the different.

Thanks in advance for all reply...:)

Goldenstars08 said:
Hi all,
I am using a Tamron 90mm macro lens very happy working with this lens so far. But currently I find that the range is abit short for some insect photography after tried my friend's Tamron 180 macro.

Wanted to get the Tamron 180 macro but budget abit tide. Next come to my mind was the 2x extender.

May I know is the 90 macro with 2x extender set up same as a 180 macro lens set up?
If yes what are the same & if no what the different.

Thanks in advance for all reply...:)

I'm using the Tamron 90mm with a Kenko Digiplus 2X TC. I'm using them together all the time. Not tried the 180mm before but definitely worth a try.

If you use an 2 x Convertor, think u will lost 2 F-stop ... as for photo quality heard that it will not be so sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.