Need help in getting my first CAM ( i am a newbie )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havoc

May 16, 2008
Singapore
Hello, i am a newbie in photography. Never own a digital camera before T_T, only have the old cam which you need to put a roll of film inside. Why i would like to learn photography, to help me generate more creative ideas to improve in my artworks. First of all i need a Cam that is affordable. I read up the forum, kinda like a Cam Nikon D40. I dunno about my budget yet.

1) Which Cam is best use by beginners?
2) I am going to use the Cam i choose for many year and not change it ( beg my father to allow me to get my own cam )
3) ok no question to ask yet, i will ask more if i have.

Hello, i am a newbie in photography. Never own a digital camera before T_T, only have the old cam which you need to put a roll of film inside. Why i would like to learn photography, to help me generate more creative ideas to improve in my artworks. First of all i need a Cam that is affordable. I read up the forum, kinda like a Cam Nikon D40. I dunno about my budget yet.

1) Which Cam is best use by beginners?
2) I am going to use the Cam i choose for many year and not change it ( beg my father to allow me to get my own cam )
3) ok no question to ask yet, i will ask more if i have.

What's "T_T"?

For your info, "the old cam which you need to put a roll of film inside" is not old. It just uses a different media. It can be a SLR, compact, range finder, medium and large format. You are probaby refering to a digital format based camera.

If you dunno your budget, then its abit difficult to decide. This is because there are so many possibilities of cameras out there which is good enough for beginners. You need a budget to help you limit your choices.

Read up more and ask question here in the forum to help you decide on your first camera. No impulse buying, since you are not the one paying for it. :bsmilie: I got my first camera after I started working. Before that, I only use what's available.

Why don't you consider using just what your family is using at the moment. No need to own a camera to develop an interest and your creativity? Any camera, compact or DSLR can help you in this areas. ;p

My budget is about $700-$1000, so what DSLR Camera would you recommend to a beginner like me. And after buying a DSLR Camera what other equipment must i get to be prepare to go around Shooting picture and protecting the Camera well, don'y want to spent o must and it get spoil easily.

U might wanna consider a 2nd hand one for that price with kit lens perhaps. For DSLR I think u really need to consider alot of things (Camera body, lens, flash, fliters, bag, dry cabinet or box...)

I personally think you can start with a P&S digi cam first to have a feel of things. I play with P&S for many yrs till I finally decided that photography is something that I will go for a long hobby.

Just my 2 cents worth. =)

ishou80 we posted at the same time. :bsmilie:
i do agree with you.

I will read through the link you give me, before i reply back. However, i really love taking photos. So i would like to get a good cam that a beginner like me can use it well. I dun mind increasing my budget as i been saving up all this years just to get my First Cam. I been reading through the forum, saw some thread about Nikon D40. So i dunno if i want to buy it anot, not in a rush will be getting a Cam in mid june. Just found out this forum last week, so i just try to seek help before buying a Cam.

What i like to Shoot:
Landscape, close up shot and maybe some movement.

Dream Cam i like:
As light as possible ( will be Carrying the Cam in my bag all the time ) don't like heavy stuff -.-

Thing i will do if i get the Cam:
Play around with it until i get the hang of it ( will be getting a Good lens to aid me after i get the hang of it )

Dream Cam i like:
As light as possible ( will be Carrying the Cam in my bag all the time ) don't like heavy stuff -.-
DSLRs are never "Light". So if you have 2 lenese and the body, be prepared to lug it around. Not forgetting the flash, extra batrteries, filters, etc . . .

There are P&S camera that "looks" like a DSLR just that u can't change the lens and they are lighter? For e.g. The canon S5 IS I think it have 11.4x optical zoom and for marco it's like 0 cm? (Correct me if I'm wrong). If you have friends using DSLR ask them to let u try to take some photos. Remember the weight and think again taking this for the whole day snapping..hahaha It's a big lump sum of $$ to invest so really need to think very carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.