Need help in document repo work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feinwerkbau

Deregistered
May 11, 2004
Hi All,

I didin't know exactly where to post this so I thought General would be best (Mods, if inappropriate, please kindly move this thread :) ).

I need to archive some of my work (print ads) into an electronic form to send out to prospective employers. Some of these are glossy.

It's my own task see, and since I've converted to digital, I can only use my Metz on cam as the cables and accessories have not arrived yet.

Besides, I only have ONE digital appropriate flash unit.

Could any kind CSers assist by suggesting some other way to do this, or :embrass: if anyone would like to lend a second flash unit with manual control and IR triggers, I would not only be eternally grateful, but would cook you a Pasta dinner as well! ;)

Please, I do not have the $$$ to rent, if not, I would have already done so.

BTW, I use a 10D and a Metz 54 MZ4.

TIA! :D

Thanks. Ortega!

As mentioned earlier, can't afford to even rent equip, let alone rent studio.

Daylight I have used before but I sense possible problems due to the glossy nature of some of the tearsheets / and even the inks on the print on copies.

I used to do repo work fairly easily using film cams b4 and 2 cheapo flash units set at 45 degree eqi-distance...but now digital got 'tech' problems mah.

Old slaves can't use. Old flash units can't use. Everything have to get new ... :cry:

My heart-felt thanks for all those who took the time and effort to offer their advise and assistance via PM.

A fellow CS-er has volunteered to do this together with me in the spirit of sharing and learning!

Thanks!

I have two flashes and IR trigger if you want to borrow :D ..... but for glossy surface, you might want to add a tent to it ;D.....

how come old slave flashes can't work? can't u use your cam and flash in manual mode?

Feinwerkbau said:
Thanks. Ortega!

As mentioned earlier, can't afford to even rent equip, let alone rent studio.

Daylight I have used before but I sense possible problems due to the glossy nature of some of the tearsheets / and even the inks on the print on copies.

I used to do repo work fairly easily using film cams b4 and 2 cheapo flash units set at 45 degree eqi-distance...but now digital got 'tech' problems mah.

Old slaves can't use. Old flash units can't use. Everything have to get new ... :cry:

Thanks for your kind offer Blurblock!

Project completed with the assistance of a very nice fellow CS-er. We both learnt something new today!

Hi Vince123123, Older, non-digital flash units can't be used because they can't seem to sync off-cam.

I have tried all ways to use my superb Vivitar 285HV with an optical slave but it just doesn't sync at ANY shutter speeds!

In the past with film cams, all I had to do was wire up a few flashes, or fit them with optical slaves and everything would work fine!

Feinwerkbau said:
Thanks for your kind offer Blurblock!

Project completed with the assistance of a very nice fellow CS-er. We both learnt something new today!

Hi Vince123123, Older, non-digital flash units can't be used because they can't seem to sync off-cam.

I have tried all ways to use my superb Vivitar 285HV with an optical slave but it just doesn't sync at ANY shutter speeds!

In the past with film cams, all I had to do was wire up a few flashes, or fit them with optical slaves and everything would work fine!

am glad that one of your hurdles is cleared. hurrah!!

Thank U so much Reachme! ;)

Cheers! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.