Need help--hand shake while taking pix

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoyo

Jan 7, 2004
groups.msn.com
Hi ..

do have a hand shaking prob. while taking pix.
On fast shutter speed it does not affect pic quality ..bit on low shutter speed the pic are a mess.............

Any advise

if you can afford the space and the time to set up, use a tripod.

if not try to adopt good shooting posture either by
1) leaning yourself on something solid (pillar/ wall/ bench) and not so easily moved, compose and shoot your pic

2) use a hight ISO setting

3) shoot without support - steady yourself, take long breaths. when you exhale, exhale half way and click the shutter button. Same as firing a rifle.

:) Keep trying!

Hi Yoyo ,

If a tripod is not avaliable , there are some lens which incorporates anti-shake features .

From canon , the IS (image stabilizer) lens

From nikon , the VR (vibration reduction) lens

Of course , all these are just hardware .

Ultimately , techniques in handling long exposure shots are essential as highlighted by sniperD . But these hardware can aid you in taking less of those jerky shots with long exposure ;)

yoyo said:
Hi ..

do have a hand shaking prob. while taking pix.
On fast shutter speed it does not affect pic quality ..bit on low shutter speed the pic are a mess.............

Any advise

Its a common problem. Improve your handhold technique. You can take a look at the following link http://www.moose395.net/howto/shortlens.html

Thks ..guys....

=)

jus got my D70 so now playing with it....... still trying to get use to it....

I place my camera on objects, I place my cam on the public stood and shoot. The results came out right good..

hiazzz...have the same problem, slow shutter speeds is when the shakes comes.... the breathing technique helps...I must remember to ease the shutter down and not snap...

damn , it is a lot like shooting.....

yoyo said:
Thks ..guys....

=)

jus got my D70 so now playing with it....... still trying to get use to it....

Juggling it? ;p

the cheapest recommended remedy: use a sling bag, cross sling and bring it up front to chest level and let your left elbow rest on it. it fill feel more stabel this way

Clive, I just tried the slingbag method - it works!!!! thanks:p

Status
Not open for further replies.