Need Help - Genuine Fractals

Status
Not open for further replies.

GitS

Dec 18, 2002
Visit site
hi all, I need help. Have an image about 2160X2590 and need someone with software like Genuine Fractals to help me extrapolate the file to a larger print size. Anybondy with such a software please pm me or reply below. Help needed urgently. Thanks!

How large do you want to go?

increase the size using PS by 5% each time...stop till your desired size. I heard the results pretty good.

GitS said:
hi all, I need help. Have an image about 2160X2590 and need someone with software like Genuine Fractals to help me extrapolate the file to a larger print size. Anybondy with such a software please pm me or reply below. Help needed urgently. Thanks!

There are freeware alternatives. A good one is Irfanview downloadable from the site of the same name. Lanczos, Mitchell and B-spline are the three most useful algorithms in that application from my experience. They each work well with different kinds of pictures depending on the types of texture and detail involved.

YMWV.

Download a trial version of Qimage and set it to output to file. It can interpolate using all the algorithms Kahheng mentioned as well as several more advanced algorithms such as vector and pyramid which keep artifacts to a minimum. It's inbuilt sharpening algorithm also adapts well to the output size to give you a file ready for print.

Zerstorer said:
Download a trial version of Qimage and set it to output to file. It can interpolate using all the algorithms Kahheng mentioned as well as several more advanced algorithms such as vector and pyramid which keep artifacts to a minimum. It's inbuilt sharpening algorithm also adapts well to the output size to give you a file ready for print.

That's a very good suggestion.

BTW, it might sound strange but different software may and do implement the various interpolation algorithms differently though the mathematical formulae used may go by the same names. Different coders tend to add their own tweaks.

It's best to try out a few apps.

Qimage is a terrific application, which frankly is worth a lot more than the asking price.

Agree. Since some algorithms do get minor tweaks from time to time as well. Even the photoshop bicubic resampling now has the sharper or smoother option which works pretty well in most cases.

Kho King said:
increase the size using PS by 5% each time...stop till your desired size. I heard the results pretty good.

Yes Yes Yes... If you have PS, go to Image>Image Size , ensure you have the bi-linear interpolation option enabled and increment the size by 10% (5% is too slow) and repeat as often as is necessary... Does the job Genuine Fractals does and won't cost a penny.! :)

GF printpro is a thing in the past already... As surveyed by me some one year back. Those upsize from photoshop is seemingly sharper, and pixels closer...

Don't think there a need to use that anymore, cos photoshop is surpassing it.

Cheers,

PBS

Obviously you guys have not use Geniune Fractals PrintPro 4 :rolleyes:

I use CS2 and the PrintPro4, blow up images to 120" x 80" from 6MP file. I can tell you CS2 increment blow up by size of 5%-10% cannot come close to the final quality as compared to PrintPro4!

GitS, if you need help, give me a call 96456423. Else I believe ESPN can be of help also. :)

thabks guys for your replies. really appreciate i. will contact if i need further help.:D

yeah read an article that compares gen frac with the 5% method and it says that there's really not a big diff at least for the photo tested..
if you want u can email the photo to me for enlarging..
i jus did a record macro with enlargement of 3% 5x so each time i press its done 5x as fast :)

Status
Not open for further replies.