Need Help - FZ30, S9500 or S2

Status
Not open for further replies.

skywolf

Jan 8, 2006
Punggol
Hi guys,

I am torn between the 3 cameras as mentioned above. Can anyone give their frank opinions of the 3 cameras? Thanks :)

Best Regards

Never used any before.. But if I were to buy, I'll definitely choose FZ30..

skywolf said:
Hi guys,

I am torn between the 3 cameras as mentioned above. Can anyone give their frank opinions of the 3 cameras? Thanks :)

Best Regards

FZ-30 has good zoom manual focus controls and an image stabailiser but panasonic CCD's are bad at handling noise at 200 iso and above.

S2 has the lowest MP count amoung the three but image quality is more balanced and maybe the cheapest(not sure) amoing the lot. $800+ can find laio

S9500 is the only one that does not have IS but fuji's CCD is know to handle noise at high ISO's well enough.

u may like 2 flip photography mags 2 read up on product reviews?

in d end oni u can decide wad features r important 2 u, wad is not.

. ease of use
. pic quality
. price
. range of features
. weight
. size
. additional cost of accessories (tele/wide adaptors, filter, etc options)
. etc

take ur time & make ur checklist. :)

You guys are really helpful. Well, I did read up magazines, but it seems like these 3 models got high reviews. (Maybe the magazine writers got a free cam everytime they write? ;p) This is the reason why I do not really trust magazines that much anymore ;(. Another person comments is the best. By the way, do you guys know what is the best price for the models (roughly) and where can I get them? Thanks again.

you can always get equote from ms colour or alan photo first before going down to the shop.

Okok. Point noted. I think I will just get quote for FZ30 and S9500. Looks impressive for these 2 models. Sorry, i newbie when it comes to photography. Are these 2 models too much for a newbie?

skywolf said:
Okok. Point noted. I think I will just get quote for FZ30 and S9500. Looks impressive for these 2 models. Sorry, i newbie when it comes to photography. Are these 2 models too much for a newbie?

once i saw a secondary school member bought a 2.2K canon dslr and can still say he is newbie.
i think he sure know much about photography to invest that amount of money.
for that price i rather pay for another trip to japan with my FZ5.
sorry got to OT a bit.

Simon_84 said:
once i saw a secondary school member bought a 2.2K canon dslr and can still say he is newbie.
i think he sure know much about photography to invest that amount of money.
for that price i rather pay for another trip to japan with my FZ5.
sorry got to OT a bit.

secondary school? canon dslr? wow!!! rich parents... ...
maybe can get them to be our godparents???? ;p

But frankly speaking, simon, what do you think of the cameras i chose?

raptor84 said:
FZ-30 has good zoom manual focus controls and an image stabailiser but panasonic CCD's are bad at handling noise at 200 iso and above.

S2 has the lowest MP count amoung the three but image quality is more balanced and maybe the cheapest(not sure) amoing the lot. $800+ can find laio

S9500 is the only one that does not have IS but fuji's CCD is know to handle noise at high ISO's well enough.

Good advice ... :thumbsup:
Read from public comment for your reference before buying.
login to http://www.dpreview.com/ than go to "review" select your camera brand and model than you can see which one can get higher score.

S9500 handles noise well at higher iso but doesn't come with IS.
uses only XD or CF cards.
don't have to post process but must use tripod to prevent pictures from blurring during slow shutter speed

FZ30 is rather noisy but had OIS.
uses SD card.
must post process if taking night shots may also have to use tripod at night to get best results.

if you're more like a night person S9500 is a good choice if not FZ30 will do just as fine.

I used S9500 before, the color is fantastic no other camera can match, the color so natural and goods. Now I used D70s the color is sosolah, one important things is that S9500 has a 28mm wide angle this is most useful as compare to other camera. It also has a macro mode so close that you can shoot to 1cm to the subject. It also has a previewing images as you press the button half way the image will shown up. Maybe you goto my album has a look

http://photo.163.com/openalbum.php?username=mousedeer

I still like the Fujifilm superCCD, is the best amogst others interm of color.

I still have a Cir-polarizing filter 58mm thread, one Giotto 2X telephoto lens, one Hoya UV filter, still looking for buyer.

skywolf said:

I'll personally go for the S9500 for the 9mp sensor and the low-noise performance.
The S2 IS is only 5mp.... The FZ30 is well-known to have a noisy sensor.

I would recommend the S9500 thou. FZ30 noise at high ISOs quite evident. Fuji Sensor is well known as well.

Do take note of all the weaknesses of each of the camera.. if it something that you can bear it, go for it lar :)

Yap, I agree. Gotta take care of each pros and cons and whether I use those 'cons' or not. Anyway, as I am rather new to photography, I will be asking one of my friend to test out the 2 cameras for me (FZ30 and S9500). Will post my final buy in here as well. Thanks guys.

Dun waste money! Go for the Nikon D50, bcos sooner or later u will upgrade your cam if you really like photography. But if you die die wants a prosumer, pls drop the Pana FZ30 and Canon S2 -> go for the S9500.

Ex-user of Canon S2

Status
Not open for further replies.