Need help from ThinkPad experts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ansel

Apr 30, 2003
Land Downunder
Visit site
Hi there,

I have an old T30 whose battery has been losing it's ability to carry charge. It used to go flat, but when I plug in the power it will still charge, and I can still start the computer.

Just recently though, the batt went totally flat, and the thinkpad kind of get locked up and refused to start, even when the batt is removed and power cable attached. Is there like a hardware reset button on the thinkpad that will make it forget about the flat batt and allow me to just use the computer with mains and no battery attached?

Thanks for your help!

Hi there,

I have an old T30 whose battery has been losing it's ability to carry charge. It used to go flat, but when I plug in the power it will still charge, and I can still start the computer.

Just recently though, the batt went totally flat, and the thinkpad kind of get locked up and refused to start, even when the batt is removed and power cable attached. Is there like a hardware reset button on the thinkpad that will make it forget about the flat batt and allow me to just use the computer with mains and no battery attached?

Thanks for your help!

Hi there, I think maybe the problem is not with the batt? From what I know there is NO hardware reset button on the T series.

I have used T30 bfore and right now i am using T42, I have no problem booting up and using the notebook with the battery removed and just running on AC power.

Sorri if I can't help much..

Hi there,

Thanks for your help!

Currently using an X series... most of the time with battery removed. No issues.

Probably leave the batt .. use a/c power.. head to lenovo's site, see whether by updating to the latest bios revision helps, since the batt is flat you can find third party ones @ SLS.

your power unit is almost gone case...my T22 also having the same problem as yours...even you change the clock batt...its gone case already...it will refused to startup most of the time...now u got the chance go backup all data...prepare for your power unit to suffer total failure soon...

I am suspecting on the motherboard unless you have another battery to confirm. This is a common fault only after the battery is dead or dying away. It may wakes again until you borrow a battery........

Hi there,

Thanks for your help!

Thanks to all for your responses. I will try to see if I can still get a thrd party batt for such an old computer.

try eastgear or battery store at slim lim sq

Thanks to all for your responses. I will try to see if I can still get a thrd party batt for such an old computer.

If it doesn't even start if you've changed the clock battery, not the main battery, and you're plugged into the mains, stands to reason that the main battery isn't the problem. It's likely the cause is some other problem.

Bring to Levono for a check.

Status
Not open for further replies.