Need help from pros..

Status
Not open for further replies.

munkey

Apr 25, 2007
Hi fella newbs and all the lao jiaos out there-

How was this picture taken? I like the blinding light in the bg that shoots directly into the camera lens.. but this way wont they kana the flare effect? seems like its controlled quite well here. also, wat is the PP effect on it? I like the colours..

n709521689_964092_7018.jpg

Hi fella newbs and all the lao jiaos out there-

How was this picture taken? I like the blinding light in the bg that shoots directly into the camera lens.. but this way wont they kana the flare effect? seems like its controlled quite well here. also, wat is the PP effect on it? I like the colours..

It did flare quite a bit, didn't it? Colours probably desaturated and tinted.

looks more like pp than real light coming through.

I think it's a softbox behind an opening on the wall. It should be real because it illuminated the hair.

looks more like pp than real light coming through.
I doubt so... Notice how the shadow falls on the wall, it tells you that there's light coming from the back. Most likely there's a fill-in light with lower f-value from the front... :think:

Very informative discussion on the subject as well as the lighting used. Reminds me of a math question! Algebra anybody?

Hmm so partially desat + tint = this effect? Looks a little like sepia anyway.. to me at least

Very informative discussion on the subject as well as the lighting used. Reminds me of a math question! Algebra anybody?

Hmm so partially desat + tint = this effect? Looks a little like sepia anyway.. to me at least

Sepia will be total desat and will not have anymore colour information.

I think it's a softbox behind an opening on the wall. It should be real because it illuminated the hair.

i think it could be snoot from the top, juding by how the shadow falls. the light source from the back isn't really lighting up the whole square .... :think:

I doubt so... Notice how the shadow falls on the wall, it tells you that there's light coming from the back. Most likely there's a fill-in light with lower f-value from the front... :think:

probably but the light sources seems to be rather uneven in the output to look like real lights. :dunno:

probably but the light sources seems to be rather uneven in the output to look like real lights. :dunno:

Th unevenness is due to flare. The actual source has already blown out the upper limits of the sensor (doesn't look like film to me).

Status
Not open for further replies.