Need help from pros on DIRTY *****

Status
Not open for further replies.

munkey

Apr 25, 2007

Umm hi all, discounting my failed attempt at panning, i noticed this spec of pubes at the base of the scooter. Is the sensor/mirror dirty? Please give sensible advice on how to clean this.. thanks all.

*its curly*

Mirror lock up and blow the sensor?

tried the cam's built in cleaning system?

your sensor is quite dirty. theres quite a number of dirt specks on it. the string shld be on your lens.

Damn. Its evident that the 40d in-camera cleaning unit sux0rz. Am I right to say that if i take out the lens and flip it to its base, the curly fry will be on its glass element? Please advice before i do the un-thinkable!

x thanks

Have you tried blowing the sensor?
The last time i saw a curly thing in my picture, it was in the sensor.

Im guessing theres 3 main areas that can be cleaned right ?

1. Front of the lens, +filter .. perpetually dirty.
2. Back of the lens, glass element, dirties while changing lenses.
3. The mirror itself, can easily remove lens and blown the specks of dust away.
4. Sensor cleaning. *headache*

am i right here? I dont see the dust in the first 3, so does that mean its kena the sensor already?

Have you tried doing a simple mirror lock-up? And then use a blower to blow. Just make sure you do so in a clean air-con place, and point the lens mount downward.

Sensor cleaning isn't that scary a thing either.

Use a blower to blow first.. if all else fails.. visit CSC to get it cleaned. Damage is $21.40.

Ok thanks all who bothered to follow this thread. Ive isolated the problem as such. Switching to my prime, i realised i dont get the same curly speck of dirt hence the problem must be in the lens. Upon removing the front and back cover, and glancing thru, i saw the same curly fry lodged inside! However, it seems embedded inside the lens (?) I cant seem to blow it out, neither can i use a cotton bud to dig it out.

:(

*its curly*
No, not only that one, I see four dust specks as well on the right half of the image around the red car.

I think you need a wet cleaning.

Wah jialat how like that? does it really affect? And what should i do send it in to CSC? help!

It's up to you how you want to fix it. There are many sites discussing sensor cleaning, not a big deal but not very cheap. Anyway, in many places and some camera shops they can clean it for you, but you should only give it to trusted hands. Remember, if they scratch the sensor you can start using your camera as paper weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.