Need help for my potential new camera at AP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yocoolboy

Mar 9, 2004
Hi guys

I'm going to get my second P&S probably tomorrow, at Alan Photo.

Heard and read good and bad reviews about the store.

Today I went and I was quoted $220 for the Fujifilm J10 launched not too long ago. Went to other places and found them selling at $249-299.

Just want to ask if there's any suspicious catch behind? Should I go ahead with my purchase? Anything to take note?

Kudos to anyone who can also give me some comments about this camera. Thanks!

check for all accessories, whatever that is stated to be in the box should be in the box and not bought extra. warranty should be from the manufacturer and not from the store.

Hi guys

I'm going to get my second P&S probably tomorrow, at Alan Photo.

Heard and read good and bad reviews about the store.

Today I went and I was quoted $220 for the Fujifilm J10 launched not too long ago. Went to other places and found them selling at $249-299.

Just want to ask if there's any suspicious catch behind? Should I go ahead with my purchase? Anything to take note?

Kudos to anyone who can also give me some comments about this camera. Thanks!

AP usually has a good price. But ask if GST is included. They like to quote without GST, so if you add GST, it will come to around $240. But like TMC mentioned, check to see what's included, what's not. Compare the freebies they are giving with those that quote you much more. AP should be a lot cheaper than Courts, Harvey Norman and Best but should not be too much different from MS Color, TK Foto, John 3:16 etc..

AP usually has a good price. But ask if GST is included. They like to quote without GST, so if you add GST, it will come to around $240. But like TMC mentioned, check to see what's included, what's not. Compare the freebies they are giving with those that quote you much more. AP should be a lot cheaper than Courts, Harvey Norman and Best but should not be too much different from MS Color, TK Foto, John 3:16 etc..

Thanks to all. Indeed, I got a cheaper price at Song Brothers unexpectedly, with a great service provided by the salesgirl.

AP quoted me: $230 for 2GB "Made In Japan" SD Card, Case, Camera... which was eventually slashed to $225 after I insisted on a cheaper "Kingston".

SONG quoted me: $219 for 2GB Toshiba "Made In Japan" Class 4 High Speed SD Card, Case, Camera and SCREEN PROTECTOR.

MS Colour AMK Hub is selling me at $259. Harvey Norman $299. Courts\Challanger not carrying this new model yet.

Didn't expect SONG to give me such a good deal, if it's a good deal in the first place. Was very careful to make sure warranty is local, everything is new, etc.

P.S. Would it be okay if they retained the copy of the warranty card to be sent to Fujifilm? They insisted they have to keep it for sales record, though it's kind of a little suspicious. Any bro can comment? Thanks.

OT a bit.
AP at funan tend to quote without GST.
back in 05, i was quoted 630 for FZ5 on an email which i know the price is without gst.
then the salesman wanted to sell me the FZ5 at 630 when i cannot decide which cam to choose after 1 hr time, i end up choosing FZ5 only for the salesman to revert the price to 660(the price with 5% gst).
then i ask him why i need purchase at 660, he replied that i didn't buy the FZ5 immediately once he allow me to pay at 630.
so i ended up paying at 660 only at home then i realized that why the :nono: did i pay the extra 30 bucks for the bloody customer service they provided that doesn't justified the extra price tag.
after this incident i swear I'm never going back to AP at funan again.

Thanks to all. Indeed, I got a cheaper price at Song Brothers unexpectedly, with a great service provided by the salesgirl ...

P.S. Would it be okay if they retained the copy of the warranty card to be sent to Fujifilm? They insisted they have to keep it for sales record, though it's kind of a little suspicious. Any bro can comment? Thanks.

:bsmilie: maybe she finds u a really cool boy ma

Did you ask if it is grey set ? Sekali refurbished set.

they can always keep a photocopy of the warranty for sales record. for the warranty to be valid, comply with the instructions and send the copy of the warranty card to fujifilm. SONG bros' insistence to retain fujifilm's copy of the warranty sounds suspicious to me.

:bsmilie: maybe she finds u a really cool boy ma

Did you ask if it is grey set ? Sekali refurbished set.

haha. ya lor i so cool.

dont think so ba. this model just launched during the IT Show. the warranty card got print serial number of my digital camera, which matches the serial number on the box and on my camera... valid until 30 March 2009 (longer than the standard 1 year warranty given). so far everything works well. camera looks new and the warraty card is unfilled... so should be alright huh. haha.

they can always keep a photocopy of the warranty for sales record. for the warranty to be valid, comply with the instructions and send the copy of the warranty card to fujifilm. SONG bros' insistence to retain fujifilm's copy of the warranty sounds suspicious to me.

I called fujifilm and they say it's perfectly fine. I still dont understand their logic still. Hmm. And my paticulars are on the form itself.

as long as you keep the customer copy, it is not a problem. Warranty and receipt is always a must, esp when buying local.

Status
Not open for further replies.