Need help for my comp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

josho

Nov 27, 2004
Jln Teck Whye
pboong.com
This is kinda driving me crazy each time I tried something on my computer, be it Post Production works with Video or Photoshop.

Everytime I tried to import my videos in to my software, it shutdown my computer leaving me just the system fan running. I had to press reset inorder to get it started once again.

The best part was my screen went blank after the shutdown of my comp and prompt me an icon of the VGA showing (hz ?)

I cant even turn off the damn monitor thus I have to turn off the power from the main socket and on again. Then, the monitor is able to work! Incredible huh!

I tried not to bother with it as long as I do not do anything with video. But ytd, while I was trying to do some photoshop it went BLANK again! It got me 2 times in a row! I click on feather and key in the pixels and press ok. Thats all what I did and nothing more! It ujst totally reboot my computer!

Anyone really care to help me with it! Im getting frustrated with such things happen!

Im running a PC, 3.0ghz I guess. Pen IV. 2gb Ram. Powercolor X1600 AGP 512mb.

Anyway, does anyone know why I get this weird image when I on my computer? I went to change once and Ban Leong had no problem with this. Sigh.. I hope someone can help me with it. Feel so depress when this happen non stop. :cry:

weird1.jpg

This is kinda driving me crazy each time I tried something on my computer, be it Post Production works with Video or Photoshop.

Everytime I tried to import my videos in to my software, it shutdown my computer leaving me just the system fan running. I had to press reset inorder to get it started once again.

The best part was my screen went blank after the shutdown of my comp and prompt me an icon of the VGA showing (hz ?)

I cant even turn off the damn monitor thus I have to turn off the power from the main socket and on again. Then, the monitor is able to work! Incredible huh!

I tried not to bother with it as long as I do not do anything with video. But ytd, while I was trying to do some photoshop it went BLANK again! It got me 2 times in a row! I click on feather and key in the pixels and press ok. Thats all what I did and nothing more! It ujst totally reboot my computer!

Anyone really care to help me with it! Im getting frustrated with such things happen!

Im running a PC, 3.0ghz I guess. Pen IV. 2gb Ram. Powercolor X1600 AGP 512mb.

Anyway, does anyone know why I get this weird image when I on my computer? I went to change once and Ban Leong had no problem with this. Sigh.. I hope someone can help me with it. Feel so depress when this happen non stop. :cry:

weird1.jpg

Hi, I am speculating it could be your power supply. Some PC comes with cheapo PSU that cannot supply enuff power for certain brands of VGA card and it happens (hangs or reboot) when you are playing 3D demanding games. But in ur case it's more of video importing..

You can try reinstalling ur mainboard drivers/utilities and VGA card drivers.

Mayb u can try posting on hardwarezone ask the IT pro there. :D

Or vrzone:D
www.vrforums.com
Possibilities are faulty RAM, PSU, or erm... some part is overheating<-My guess

open casing and turn on computer

visually check if all your ventilation fan is spinning and quiet

check if VGA fan is spinning smoothly and quitely

then touch the vga where the processor is... VERY hot? or just warm?

i suspect either

1. VGA came loose - press it back into the slot tightly
2. VGA overheated and now is burnt - buy new VGA
3. Power supply may not have enough power - test your PSU or just buy a certified one
4. i give up liao... no other ideas

From your description of the problem, it could be your PC's power supply. When the supplied power is insufficient for your system, "crazy" things will start happening.

Second to check would be your RAM.

usually computers, i face, hang constantly IF

1. psu not consistent
2. processor overheat
3. vga overheat
4. rams overheat
5. OS currupted
6. harddisk wanna up lorry

since your image on your computer screen now it so screwed, i strongly believe it is either 1. or 3. or both 1. & 3. which caused the problem

Thankz ppl.

VGA is new.
PSU is not origin with the casing as I bought separately.

No idea how to check is it PSU prob. I reinstall drivers for MB and VGA. Still the same. Darn...

Will be asking in HardwareZone there too. Just happen to see if anyone know here.

Sigh.... Sad

Thankz ppl.

VGA is new.
PSU is not origin with the casing as I bought separately.

No idea how to check is it PSU prob. I reinstall drivers for MB and VGA. Still the same. Darn...

Will be asking in HardwareZone there too. Just happen to see if anyone know here.

Sigh.... Sad

new stuff doesnt mean it will not burn

anyway in your startup screen, do you get very good colours? or also very confused colours?

Can you provide detail of your hardware configuration?
Brand and model of your power supply?

it happen on start up only. the rest is fine.

Motherboard: MSI 865PE Neo2-PS (MS-6728 v2.0)

Processor: 3.0Ghz Pen IV

Ram: Kingston 2gb PC3200

Graphic card: Powercolor AGP X1600 512mb

Powersupply: Antec 430w

430W for this setup...i would say its nt enuff or barely at the line...the x1600 is a juice sucker...i think its due to ur psu unable to produce enuf power for ur setup...mayb u can loan a higher rating psu n try...see if it solve ur prob or nt...

As what dreamerz has mention, 430W might barely make it.
How many hard disk do you have and what make?
Try to get borrow a higher rating power supply (at least 480W) to test first.
I suspect you could be having more than 1 problem.
The other problem could be your RAM. Swap position of the RAM or run it using a single piece.

As what dreamerz has mention, 430W might barely make it.
How many hard disk do you have and what make?
Try to get borrow a higher rating power supply (at least 480W) to test first.
I suspect you could be having more than 1 problem.
The other problem could be your RAM. Swap position of the RAM or run it using a single piece.

480 i dun think it will work....i think it need at least a 550W psu to get this sys regulated....

I had 3 hdd running. hmm.. i got this power supply last year... all working fine until i changed to this graphic card.. hmm... Ram wise, new as well.... hmm.. But would I know whether is it my PSU generate not enuff power? Get a new one of how many watts?

If that solve, how abt the screen display?? Why is it like that? :(

Beside, the best part of using this graphic card, it still LAG while im playing Cossacks II! Why?! Still not fast enuff??? :(

I had 3 hdd running. hmm.. i got this power supply last year... all working fine until i changed to this graphic card.. hmm... Ram wise, new as well.... hmm.. But would I know whether is it my PSU generate not enuff power? Get a new one of how many watts?

If that solve, how abt the screen display?? Why is it like that? :(

Beside, the best part of using this graphic card, it still LAG while im playing Cossacks II! Why?! Still not fast enuff??? :(

Impossible, ur setup is :thumbsup: ! Too fast and furious. Same model as the elites who are using to write blogs !

Quite obvious ur graphic card not working properly. Check if ur graphic card is compatible with Cossacks II. 512Ram.... Wah koaz.. i still using 128Mb. Another possibility is I suspect its becuz the VGA card has conflict with the mainboard..

Btw, power color is running on GE Force or Nvidia ?
I maybe out of trend liao.. tot alot of graphic card are PCI-E liao...
Muz go HWZ liao surf surf abit..

LoL. I was worried abt the compatible with MoBo as well. My frenz told me to flash it but I aint sure how to! Haha...

My Powercolor is running by ATI Radeon and its AGP. Not PCI-E. Wanna a PCI-E graphic card but, I had to change the entire MoBo. Not worth it afterall. :(

My suggestion.
1)Test piece by piece of your ram coz if one is not working well it affects the other.

2)Use a lower end graphic card or invest in one like a geforce 4mx($60 keep it as spare) just to confirm if your graphic card is giving problem. If using the lower end graphic card works fine, something not right with your graphic card. From here if lower end graphic card works fine, plug in your original one again and when problem persists. Change to a higher PSU.

3)without any changes, plug out all your other device like cdrom and spare hdd, leave the master C on to boot to your windows so it may consume lesser power.

4)Use one of your spare drive to re-install your windows, existing hdd may have bad sector.

Hope this suggestion solve your problem.:D

Flash bios for what ? Unless there is some critical stuff that ur mainboard needs to be fixed.

"While the card should work on agp 8x, set it manually in the BIOS to 4x, and disable fastwrites. That may fix it." Got it from a forum...

Seemed like u got urself a rotten card IMHO... :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.