Need help choosing polarizing filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamergod

Feb 9, 2009
Fratton Park, Portsmouth
Hi i am buying a polarizing filter for my d40 at ms color.Now the problem is I dont know which to buy.My budget is a around 60-70 my lens is the kit lens 52mm and I'm looking for a circular filter

Last edited:
Well, I've read before that circular polarizer (CPL) is more suitable for digital cameras. I purchased a Tokina CPL at MS Color and am very happy with it:)
Oh, and it costs me about S$30-ish

Last edited:
Hi i am buying a polarizing filter for my d40 at ms color.Now the problem is I dont know which to buy.My budget is a around 60-70

Do you mean which type (CPL or linear), which coating or which diameter? Please specify and also check threads in other sections. Filters are a general topic, nothing related to Nikon. The search function will help.

:I got a Kenko CPL filter from John 3:16, cost abt $68, but of course the amount you pay is the quality you get. Mine was the Pro 1D filter which reduces the f/stop only by 1. While other CPL usually reduces by 2-3stops.:)

Do some search on the type of CPL filter you are looking for.

A Hoya CPL would be fine. Note that it is kind of difficult to use the kit lens with a CPL filter, as the front element rotates when focusing. Need to rotate the filter after focusing.

Hi i am buying a polarizing filter for my d40 at ms color.Now the problem is I dont know which to buy.My budget is a around 60-70 my lens is the kit lens 52mm and I'm looking for a circular filter

Status
Not open for further replies.