Need help Buying DC..

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Punkie

Hi guys. I am thinking of getting a new DC. I will probably need it to be able to take night shots and decent manual settings. With a budget of about $700+, wat is my best bet? Thanks

Originally posted by Punkie
Hi guys. I am thinking of getting a new DC. I will probably need it to be able to take night shots and decent manual settings. With a budget of about $700+, wat is my best bet? Thanks

If that is ur budget u can go for Oly C-2040Z or if u have enough budget u can also go for Oly C-2100UZ it costs u abt $800+ i think. Am not sure of other brands.

Try viewing my night shots here using Oly C- 2040Z

;) ;) ;)

Have you sold your A40? And I thought you would like the Ixus? :dunno:

Originally posted by Goondu

Have you sold your A40? And I thought you would like the Ixus? :dunno:

Yeah my A40 is sold. I am looking for one with Manual controls. First hand ones i cant afford just yet. So gotta settle for second hand ones probably. I am contemplating on getting a second handed G1 from Dennis. Wat do you guys think? I am quite scared due to the fact that its already 18 months old. Is there anywhere i can take it for a check? Thanks. All comments welcome and appreciated.

Originally posted by Doods

If that is ur budget u can go for Oly C-2040Z or if u have enough budget u can also go for Oly C-2100UZ it costs u abt $800+ i think. Am not sure of other brands.

;) ;) ;)

Hehe very nice night shots you got there. Hmm...Oly 2040 my brother has one also. I think its a nice camera. But picture quality quite noisy leh....IMO lah of cos. How come yours look so clean ah?

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
the 2100uz cost $900+++ and AP doesnt have them anymore

Is the Minolta S304 any good? Its cheap for a 3.3MP. But dont have shutter priority leh. Hehe

Originally posted by Doods

;) ;) ;)

Think C-2100UZ is still $900+.....anyway after a firmware upgrade the noise problem shouldn't be so bad as long as the CDD is sufficiently cooled between shots.

Originally posted by Jayan

Think C-2100UZ is still $900+.....anyway after a firmware upgrade the noise problem shouldn't be so bad as long as the CDD is sufficiently cooled between shots.
u mean noise or hot pixel?
they are not the same thing rite?

Is the Minolta S304 any good? Its cheap for a 3.3MP. But dont have shutter priority leh. Hehe
i tink the oly c-3020 is better than the S304
do consider that
the price i tink its about the same

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
i tink the oly c-3020 is better than the S304
do consider that
the price i tink its about the same

Thanks for all your precious advices. Those you mentioned are defintely worth considering. Will be shopping for a new DC these few days. Will keep you all updated. Thanks again to all who responded. :dent:

Status
Not open for further replies.