Not open for further replies.

whachoo

Deregistered
Jul 31, 2006
Hougang
www.flickr.com
402407922_2629f70058_o.jpg

403023789_9f1b291c2c_o.jpg

Or sensor problem? :dunno: Those on the neck and around the lady in black.

I was shooting with 350d without flash and lens hood. At first, I just rubber-stamped away the green dots on one of the pics. But after browsing through the pics I took that night, the green dots were all over the place!! Sometimes 1-2 dots, and sometimes 5-6 dots per picture. I took some pictures just now and the green dots aren't appearing. Not really know what's going on..Anyone? Thanks!

very interesting! never knew this issue. ;p

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/175/402407922_2629f70058_o.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/172/402407730_b6b7a2c2f5_o.jpg

Or sensor problem? :dunno: Those on the neck and around the lady in black.

I was shooting with 350d without flash and lens hood. At first, I just rubber-stamped away the green dots on one of the pics. But after browsing through the pics I took that night, the green dots were all over the place!! Sometimes 1-2 dots, and sometimes 5-6 dots per picture. I took some pictures just now and the green dots aren't appearing. Not really know what's going on..Anyone? Thanks!
Don't worry, they are just flares. Not hot pixels. They were formed when the bright spot lights in the background shone into the lens. What filter were you using?

Those are re-reflected light that bounced back .....highly likely from the internal (inner side) surface of your filter. At times may be from internal lens element surfaces...

Try removing filter and test with and without filter on a bright light source.
Due to Wide angle lens which have more curved frontal surface, light that are reflected gets
back into the lens....a rough sketch.

rays.GIF

i think is the surrounding.... without the hood on, it could be reflection of the deco lights

Hi,
Those dots are reflections from the filter or lens element. What is the filter and lens you are using? To elminate them you have to pick a better angle or using a good filter sometimes help. Using a hood doesn't guarantee they don't appear.

leonghuei

Those are re-reflected light that bounced back .....highly likely from the internal (inner side) surface of your filter. At times may be from internal lens element surfaces...

Try removing filter and test with and without filter on a bright light source.
Due to Wide angle lens which have more curved frontal surface, light that are reflected gets
back into the lens....a rough sketch.

rays.GIF
:thumbsup: I like your sketch. :)

The filter was a cheap Tokina UV guard. After buying it, my friend told me about some multi-coat thingy which mine doesn't have. Does it help if it's filter problem?

Because I shoot with the filter all the time, but it only happens that night. Will the lens hood help too? Because it was not bright daylight so I thought that was no point bringing it out..

Yah, nice sketch!!

Seriously, the 2nd picture with the lady in black freaks me out!! I thought sensor chui liao! :bsmilie:

The filter was a cheap Tokina UV guard. After buying it, my friend told me about some multi-coat thingy which mine doesn't have. Does it help if it's filter problem?

Because I shoot with the filter all the time, but it only happens that night. Will the lens hood help too? Because it was not bright daylight so I thought that was no point bringing it out..

Yah, nice sketch!!

Seriously, the 2nd picture with the lady in black freaks me out!! I thought sensor chui liao! :bsmilie:
Ah. No wonder! You should get a good multicoated filter, then the secondary reflections would be minimised and you won't get these flares to be so obvious. Try Hoya HMC Super UV or B+W MRC UV-Haze or Nikon NC (if the diameter is available).
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showpost....&postcount=112

if you rotate the picture by 180 degrees, you can find exactly which source of light produced which green dot:

1.gif

hope it helps :)
cheers!

if you rotate the picture by 180 degrees, you can find exactly which source of light produced which green dot:

hope it helps :)
cheers!

OMG, this is freaked out stuff !!!
Thanks for taking the effort to rotate the image and put it here. Man, it sure helps to understand the cause of the problem. Great :thumbsup:

Luckily! For a moment there, I tot your censor went kaput liao! :sweat:
:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

LOL..okay looks like a multi-coated filter is going to be the cure..

thanks for all the advice and response!!

*phew*

LOL..okay looks like a multi-coated filter is going to be the cure..

thanks for all the advice and response!!

*phew*

remove the filter and shoot without one to see if it happens again. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.