Need help: anyone can do soldering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomshen

Feb 20, 2002
Singapore
I have a set of Altec Lancing ACS48 speakers used for quite a few years for my PC. Solid performance, but I believe there might be some problem with the internal design. It stopped working two years ago and a friend of mine helped me repair it by replacing a diode. Now it stopped working again. I suspect it's the same problem. Unfortunately my friend is not in Singapore anymore :cry: Don't know if anyone is good at repairing electronic devices. Should be simple if u know how to do it. I'd rather repair it by paying a bit for your service than throw it away coz it's still going strong a few days back.

I'll check out the cables again to make sure if it's really dead first. Thanks for any offer in advance :)

Bluestrike said:
post in Hardwarezone and I think you might have a better response...
Thanks Tom. HWZ looks a bit too messy these days.

Adiemus said:
i can do soldering. :)
Great :) I'll check the condition first. btw, do you know how to check circuit board?

you can do so by using one of those amp meters.
should be able to get them from the local hardware shop.

hey, i can try to repair for you. but no guarantees. don't worry about charge. ;)

If it is dead, go Creative warehouse sales and buy a new one!

But personally i would not recommend creative - go get the $299 Aego2 2.1 system

there is a shop above Tekka market and another somewhere in Little India that do electrical repairs.....like the one at junction of Desker road

Hey, thanks all for your offers/suggestions. Really grateful!

Hi, Adiemus: will contact you sometime mid this month if I still cannot revive my speakers, many thanks in advance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.